Clearing Cache Partition

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Friend with another Android phone said he did this procedure and it increased his phone's response time.

Has anyone done this to their MAXX?

If so, can you list the steps to accomplish this?

Thanks

doogald

Reaction score
Honestly, I think that wiping cache is overrated and it *shouldn't* improve performance - it should have a short-term decrease as the cache rebuilds, and then the new cache will basically be what the old cache was. I still think that people who report performance improvements are suffering a bit of placebo effect.

It is possible that if cache gets corrupted that wiping cache will help, though I think that is a very rare occurrence.

Still, the steps are somewhat easy, and Motorola has them right on their site:

Clear Cache Partition

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Honestly, I think that wiping cache is overrated and it *shouldn't* improve performance - it should have a short-term decrease as the cache rebuilds, and then the new cache will basically be what the old cache was. I still think that people who report performance improvements are suffering a bit of placebo effect.

It is possible that if cache gets corrupted that wiping cache will help, though I think that is a very rare occurrence.

Still, the steps are somewhat easy, and Motorola has them right on their site:

Clear Cache Partition
A very good post. Clearing cache is like dumping out and repacking a Suitcase with the same clothes. It will probably look the same and definitely feel the same weight-wise, and will ultimately perform the same.

doogald

Reaction score
Despite the fact that I doubt it will help, I'd still say go ahead and try it. It won't hurt to wipe cache.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My phone cycles when I try to do this.. Idk y.. Might be time for an fdr