cleaning trash

mact

Reaction score
When one deletes an email, it goes into a trash/recycle bin. Then one has to go thru the whole dang drill of select each one and delete all over to empty the trash.

Is there no way to "select all" and delete in one fell swoop?

jwd45244

Reaction score
When one deletes an email, it goes into a trash/recycle bin. Then one has to go thru the whole dang drill of select each one and delete all over to empty the trash.

Is there no way to "select all" and delete in one fell swoop?

If you are talking about GMail, the Trash will automagically delete after 2 months.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah he might be talking about normal email, i wish there was an option to select all

jwd45244

Reaction score
Assuming you are talking about a normal IMAP e-mail . The the way to clean out the trash is to go to your fav computing device (not your Droid) and fire up the e-mail client and empty the trash.

When the droid connects again, life will be good :)

OP
M

mact

Reaction score
Assuming you are talking about a normal IMAP e-mail . The the way to clean out the trash is to go to your fav computing device (not your Droid) and fire up the e-mail client and empty the trash.

I have the droid, a mac (using OSX email client), and a winbox (using The Bat email client) all getting the same emails from the same pop3 server.

short of deleting them on the server, I can't see how anything done on the desktops can affect the droid's collation of deleted emails. In fact, it does not.

jwd45244

Reaction score

I have the droid, a mac (using OSX email client), and a winbox (using The Bat email client) all getting the same emails from the same pop3 server.

short of deleting them on the server, I can't see how anything done on the desktops can affect the droid's collation of deleted emails. In fact, it does not.

Please note that I was talking about IMAP e-mail. POP3 servers function differently.