Emptying the trash in an account

donkaye

Reaction score
Is it possible to empty the trash in one fell swoop? I can't find a menu item that allows for that. In the trash each and every message seems to have to be deleted separately.

Reaction score
By trash you mean...? text messages? email's? im sort of confused on what you want.

OP
D

donkaye

Reaction score
I have several email accounts: earthlink, comcast, gmail. In the earthlink account on the Droid for example there are the same type of folders as on my main computer: Inbox, Trash. After reading an email, that email goes into the Trash. After awhile the trash may have 100 emails in it. I would like to find one command that will empty the trash all at once. I cannot find that on the Droid. Instead I have to delete one email at a time from the trash. Am I missing something? This seems pretty simple. Thanks.

BurtB

Reaction score
I use K9 Mail and can't get it to delete the trash either. Pressing the 'Empty Trash' icon apparently does nothing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The easiest way is to go to your gmail on line. There is a delete all trash button there. Bam. It's done.

BurtB

Reaction score
That works for gmail but not for my two other accounts - deleted items remain in trash.