cleanest way to move to new phone from OG droid (keeping as much data and apps)

angelman

Reaction score
So like many people I am waiting patiently for the nexus to compare with the razr before upgrading. My wife already went ahead with the razr and I am tempted to follow her. I was a little surprised though how clunky moving from one phone to another was. Of course things like email and contacts was seamless since they are all stored in the cloud. Apps though were rather different. I could not find a simple way of getting the apps from her OG to download to the new razr. Reading on some google forums it seems like you have to factory reset the old phone before the new phone will get the apps.
In the end I just downloaded the apps manually. I found that i was able to hide her OG droid in her market account but not much more than that. Surely there is a better cleaner way to transfer from one phone to another?
I am rooted so could use TiBackup but then the new phone would have to be rooted which I don't really want to do. How about data etc. (logins etc.)
What tips do people have for moving from one phone to another as painlessly as possible?

FC127

Reaction score
There really isn't a GOOD way of moving to a completely different phone.

I'm not sure how titanium backup would work from one phone to another. Then again, I didn't try it...

Sent from my DInc2