Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
MyDroid23

MyDroid23

Reaction score
I think the "flagship" phone would be the Razr Maxx

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

Perhaps now, but the Nexus is a FLAGSHIP GOOGLE device. In any case, Verizon is well aware of the problems I am having and they waived the $30 unlimited data fee the last couple of months. After, I claimed a BBB complaint I got a phone call from Michael at Verizon Wireless Executive Relations that promised me all these things and the bast*** never kept his word in calling me back.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
In all fairness the OP is just venting because he is rightfully frustrated.
OP- get a replacement from vzw. The phone has a 1 year warranty. Yeah it sucks that this one is a lemon, but vzw should make it right.
I agree,Ive gone through 3 replacements and the I have now seems to be pretty good and with the update rite around the corner its gonna get better.

OP
MyDroid23

MyDroid23

Reaction score
Have you ever thought it could be your area?

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

According to verizon's coverage map my address is in the 4G/LTE coverage area and not extended coverage.

OP
MyDroid23

MyDroid23

Reaction score
Seriously? ".....my lawyer...."?
You are a salesman with a retained attorney?
You get sued that often? :)

Nope!! I have never been sued, but I was a class member in 2 cases. And that's not the point here. The point is I just want these idiots to come clean to the public and admit they're having serious issues with the device and network and credit people that called into customer service with no resolution that fixed the problems.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
MyDroid23 said:
Yes, I got a new replacement within the 14 days. And I was told that I shouldn't worry so much and that an OTA will be released to fix any issues with the device. It has been almost 3 months and I'm currently on my 3rd device with the same problems. Why advertise they have the best 4G/LTE and the most reliable network and it seems a lot of folks are experiencing the same problems as me. My first phone on Verizon was the Motorola Droid and I loved my first Android experience I decided to upgrade to the Nexus. I will tell you first hand my og droid worked everywhere in my house and my prior carrier T-Mobile did not work in my neighbourhood at all. With the Galaxy Nexus all I get is the gray triangle and if I'm lucky I will receive half of the phone calls and be able to send a text after a few times of resending the failed delivery notice. This isn't my main point of trying to get a class action. It is the practice behind Verizon and doing their do diligence of correcting what's wrong by first admitting there's an issue with either the network or the device and second resolving it in a professional manner. It disgusts me that I paid a lot for a phone that is suppose to be the FLAGSHIP ANDROID/VERIZON smartphone that doesn't work the way it was promised. I work in sales and I depend on my phone to keep in touch with my clients. If I don't receive a missed call log from a VIP client for closing a deal how am I suppose to know they called? I need a smart phone that will work the way it was intended.:mad:

Gray triangle.....I know on my old d2g the gray triangle was there after restores/sbf's before activating the phone.
I know nothing about the gnex...but here's a couple of sugested courses of action:
1. Call customer support and tell them what the prob is. Be calm. Explain in detail what you see on the screen. Maybe they can walk you through a simple fix instead of just offering you a cln just to get you off the phone. (Seriously YOU deal with people all day in sales...no one wants to help pissed-off screamer)
2. 4g phones do not call 228 to activate .....the sim card does it. Pull it and reinsert it.
Good luck

OP
MyDroid23

MyDroid23

Reaction score
I agree,Ive gone through 3 replacements and the I have now seems to be pretty good and with the update rite around the corner its gonna get better.

Right around the corner could mean the end of the summer or longer. Who the heck knows for sure. Verizon's been busy making money when the network is having growing pains. Hasn't anyone taken apart the GNexus to diagnose the problem, whether it be bad radio chipset, ICS device not waking up properly from sleep trying to connect to a tower, or something else. One thing I do know for sure is I'm not the only person having problems with the GNex.

OP
MyDroid23

MyDroid23

Reaction score
I dont think its his area.The issues he named are problems that alot of us are having and the update will address these issues.

How does anyone know if the update will fix the problems??? This is like saying the Chicago Cubs will win a World Series just cause we got Theo Epstein.....PLEASE.

OP
MyDroid23

MyDroid23

Reaction score
Gray triangle.....I know on my old d2g the gray triangle was there after restores/sbf's before activating the phone.
I know nothing about the gnex...but here's a couple of sugested courses of action:
1. Call customer support and tell them what the prob is. Be calm. Explain in detail what you see on the screen. Maybe they can walk you through a simple fix instead of just offering you a cln just to get you off the phone. (Seriously YOU deal with people all day in sales...no one wants to help pissed-off screamer)
2. 4g phones do not call 228 to activate .....the sim card does it. Pull it and reinsert it.
Good luck

Did all of the above. I made sure I took all the proper steps in trying to get this resolved. As I mentioned Michael from Verizon Wireless Executive Relations called me and he did jack sh**. The guy said he would call me back once I got my replacement and it has been over 3 weeks since I got it.

He sent me a refurb phone that supposedly

Natey2

Reaction score
What phone and carrier does your attorney use?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
MyDroid23 said:
Did all of the above. I made sure I took all the proper steps in trying to get this resolved. As I mentioned Michael from Verizon Wireless Executive Relations called me and he did jack sh**. The guy said he would call me back once I got my replacement and it has been over 3 weeks since I got it.

He sent me a refurb phone that supposedly

Sorry to hear about the probs. Hopefully you'll get it fixed soon. Maybe you can get them to offer you a " comparable" device like a razr or a maxx. 3 non-functional replacements....that is ridiculous. Be firm, but be diplomatic.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
How does anyone know if the update will fix the problems??? This is like saying the Chicago Cubs will win a World Series just cause we got Theo Epstein.....PLEASE.
Because Sir,unlike you,Ive read where some of the Nexus owners have dloaded the zip and have talked about better coverage,no more reboots and no more dropped calls.And you even dont have to unlock your phone to get update,so if its that big of a deal(which it is too you),then do your home and "GET HER DONE."Class is dismissed.:biggrin:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We gonna temporarily close this thread...op hit me up when you ca.

Status
Not open for further replies.