class 10 or #4 for maxx hd

roach

Reaction score
which class micro 32sd card do i need to buy class 10 or #4 for maxx hd and can i go bigger.
thanks

joshxdroid

Reaction score
roach said:
which class micro 32sd card do i need to buy class 10 or #4 for maxx hd and can i go bigger.
thanks

You can use any class. The higher the class the faster info goes on and off i believe. I have read that people have used 64gb on the RAZR with no problem. For the price i would probably get a32 because a class ten is around $25.

geoff5093

Reaction score
The highest capacity MicroSDHC card is 32GB, they have 64GB cards which are MicroSDXC. I just purchased a 64GB Class 10 card ($44 on Amazon), so I'll let you know once I get it if it works or not.

The higher the class, the higher the read/write speeds, basically meaning that it's quicker to transfer files to/from your card and accessing files off of the card.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just purchased the 64GB on Amazon as well from that deal they had yesterday, not sure if they still have it going or now, but I'll let ya know if the 64GB works, if it does, freakin' sweet.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
Get the class 10 it's faster.

I almost bought the 64GB. But didn't want to chance it. So I got the 32GB with that deal yesterday.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get the class 10 it's faster.

I almost bought the 64GB. But didn't want to chance it. So I got the 32GB with that deal yesterday.

Its a hell of a deal for the 64GB card though, I actually bought both, if the 64 don't work, just send it back, if it does, send the 32 back. I'm hoping the 64 works.

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
My 64 GB SD card worked in my Bionic and now in my Razor Max HD. I recently right clicked on it's properties and it is formatted FAT32. If I read correctly, I think it won't have the same write speed as compared to its stock exFAT format. But please correct me if I'm wrong. And also it's maximum file size can only be 4 GB, again correct me if needed.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My 64 GB SD card worked in my Bionic and now in my Razor Max HD. I recently right clicked on it's properties and it is formatted FAT32. If I read correctly, I think it won't have the same write speed as compared to its stock exFAT format. But please correct me if I'm wrong. And also it's maximum file size can only be 4 GB, again correct me if needed.

This is correct, I don't know what the limitations are on the speed for FAT32 but FAT32 is the system used for Android itself to recognize the card as mass storage, and the 4GB file size (individual file size) is a limitation of FAT32.

You can see more on FAT32 here: File Allocation Table - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Just purchased the 64GB on Amazon as well from that deal they had yesterday, not sure if they still have it going or now, but I'll let ya know if the 64GB works, if it does, freakin' sweet.
am curious to no if the 64GB you purchased from amazon worked.

solar

Reaction score
I purchased a Sandisk class 10 64g SDXC card a couple of months ago and used it in my HTC rezound and now my razr maxx HD with no issues. The write and read speeds are much improved and the extra space 64 vs 32 is awesome to have.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
I purchased a Sandisk class 10 64g SDXC card a couple of months ago and used it in my HTC rezound and now my razr maxx HD with no issues. The write and read speeds are much improved and the extra space 64 vs 32 is awesome to have.

Damnit. lol

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
thats good to no but I doubt that I will ever use that much space so I'ii use a 32GB.
thanks