CityID lagging incoming calls on Droid X?

DroidXer

Reaction score
I got a few calls today and the phone was ringing for several seconds while still on the homescreen until the ability to answer the call popped up. My only guess is that the fact that it had to look up the information for CityID was holding it up. I know you can't uninstall it, but can you at least disable it?

I got a few calls today and the phone was ringing for several seconds while still on the homescreen until the ability to answer the call popped up. My only guess is that the fact that it had to look up the information for CityID was holding it up. I know you can't uninstall it, but can you at least disable it?

Launcherpro has a hidden app feature that lets you hide the crappy apps.

Hiding the app icon doesn't keep the app from running. That's like thinking that you can delete a shortcut and the program is uninstalled in Windows.

root it and rename it. I was not going to root my phone but after it started annoying me about paying for CityID

Does rooting block OTA updates? I'm guessing not...so do I just have to constantly say no to the OTA update?

From what I've read before you can update to 2.2 the app's you takeout have to be replaced Before un-rooting.
So root and remember to install the deletes before you un-root.
I agree City ID is useless for most users.

Any way to disable cityid?

*edit*

Pulled from a thread I found on google, from the DF HTC forum:
Did your trial period end yet?

From another search I di on google:

City ID... how do you uninstall? - Android Forums

"I e-mailed the company that makes City ID over the weekend. They said that, after 15 days, you can completely disable the nagging."

From the Dev:

"Thank you for your message. Because City ID is preloaded onto the HTC Incredible, it cannot be uninstalled from the device. The way to disable City ID is to select “No” at the end of the free trial, which ends 15 days after you receive the initial free trial notification. If you select “Remind Me Later,” or press the Back or End key (or a similar action) the trial expired message will appear after each incoming call (up to 10 times), so please be sure to select “No” upon the first expiration message to disable City ID.

If you are experiencing a City ID trial notification appearing more than after the fifth incoming call and on the 15th day when your trial expires, it is unusual and unintended behavior of the City ID product. We’d like to verify what you are experiencing and greatly appreciate any additional information you can provide to our team, such as the handset build version and other applications you are running, which will help us to try to reproduce the experience.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Best Regards,
The Cequint Team "

Last edited:
Well I might if I rooted I'd want to stay rooted but block the OTA until the 2.2 was also rooted.

Personally I love City ID. I'd love to have real Caller ID, but until then at least I can figure out where someone is calling from (I get calls from all over the country) to narrow down whether they should be sent to voicemail. :)

But, to the OP, I don't think City ID would have anything to do with a delay in showing the incoming call screen. I bet a reboot will make the problems all go away. :)

Back