Chronos Makes Any Watch A Smart Watch!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
watch-1-square.2c87b94a.jpg

If you just dropped $20k on a new Rolex you can probably afford a shiny new Moto 360, but why in the world would you want to wear a Moto 360 when you can wear a Rolex?! Maybe because you like the idea of a device that can track your steps, your heart rate, and can curate notifications!

With Chronos you don't have to ditch your old school watch. Simply attach Chronos to the bottom of your watch. Chronos is thin enough that it won't compromise your current watch's design. The device syncs up with your smartphone like a normal smartwatch and gets your attention with vibrations and lights. You can customize the lights' colors to correspond with apps or people. A red light might appear when a new gmail notification comes through or a purple light for when your wife is calling.

Fitness tracking uses the Chronos built app. The Chronos is water resistant and battery life is 36 hours. The pre-sale price is only $99 and the release price will be $129.

via Chronos

trillonometry

Reaction score
I pre ordered one for $79 in the first 250 group. Sold my Apple Watch the next day. I found that my favorite thing about the Apple Watch was that I felt the notification on my wrist. The added benefit of knowing the person notifying was a good idea. But I loved my watches that were just sitting there since the Apple Watch had to be warn always to make it worth the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wear a watch everyday.... this seems like a nice alternative to buying a smart watch... often my watch compliments my outfit and a smartwatch won't always do that.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I might actually consider this as well. I love my Urbane, but I have a nice watch that my wife got me for Christmas a couple years ago. It's nothing fancy, by any means, but I like it and like the look. Only issue I might have with this Chronos is that the watch has a squared face. Still might work alright, but I'd want to be sure before I made the purchase.

While I like this idea, it kinda seems a bit on the expensive side to me for what it does. I guess maybe that's because I only paid $99 for my OG G watch, which offered considerably more functionality. I did pay quite a bit more for the Urbane though.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I actually thought about it and this is by daily.... driver (is that the proper term for a watch) and I don't think the chronos would work on this watch.

in case you're wondering this is a relic bought one at fred Meyers for 15 about 6 years ago then my ex wife stole it and I finally replaced it through eBay, favorite watch.

9f715292e872278389244252abc02f8b.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, I think you might be outta luck there. I used to have a couple of different "cuff" watches. The one I mentioned earlier is all metal and recharges kinetically and you can see the gears and such moving inside. It's a Relic too.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
nice, I found a really cool solar powered all black watch by seiko, too much at the time, but very pretty. I have a ton of friends who don't wear watches ever and don't understand the reason for wearing one.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I stopped wearing one for quite a while there, because my phone has a clock on it, but then I started working jobs where I couldn't have my phone, but wanted to know the time. Aircraft manufacturing. Wasn't always a clock available. Nurse Aid, needed it for measuring vitals and keeping an eye on the daily schedule.

I don't always wear a watch outside of work. There are many days when I take my Urbane off as soon as I get home for the day. But I'll also grab it and strap it on when we head out to do things in the evening if I'm not concerned that it might get damaged (moving furniture/etc).

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I stopped wearing one for quite a while there, because my phone has a clock on it, but then I started working jobs where I couldn't have my phone, but wanted to know the time. Aircraft manufacturing. Wasn't always a clock available. Nurse Aid, needed it for measuring vitals and keeping an eye on the daily schedule.

I don't always wear a watch outside of work. There are many days when I take my Urbane off as soon as I get home for the day. But I'll also grab it and strap it on when we head out to do things in the evening if I'm not concerned that it might get damaged (moving furniture/etc).
I wear a watch simply because it's far quicker to look at my wrist and see the time then to pull my phone and then press the power key and look at the screen. it's also a bit of a fashion statement

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I want a Smart Watch but ever Since my Wife Bought me the Watch I really Wanted I feel Guilty about making the acquisition. This would Kind of kill 2 bird with one Stone.

trillonometry

Reaction score
There app will actually help you see if the chronus will fit on your particular watch. Uses the camera and whatnot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good to know. I'm not sure I could retrain myself to know what color meant what app was notifying me and I do like the fact that my Urbane keeps me from having to pull my phone out in many situations to check a notification that I can simply swipe away on the watch.

I feel like this is a cool idea for an analog watch, but again, not sure I'm willing to pay quite so much for something that does less than what the watch I wear most often can do.

If I add the cost of the Chronos to the price paid for my watch, I could've gotten another new android wear watch around the same price as I paid for my Urbane brand new.

k1601

Reaction score
This intrigues me simply for durability. I feel like I would shatter many typical smart watches but I could add this to my existing Casio and be in business.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have to say the Point of the watch for me is the Notifications and I like the Health items too. If i could get something Cheap that monitors my Heart Rate and stuff.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Looks like their Sizing App is only for iOS. Unless I'm missing something