Chrome to Phone - Playing music

veedubdan74

Reaction score
Hi, with the update of Android 2.2 I finally got to download Chrome to Phone. It works great except when I get the link and it pops open on my Droid, It's playing a random song (full length) from my music collection. I've looked into settings for gmail and dolphin browser HD as those are the two app's working together I think.

Anyone else have this problem and fix it, or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Love my Droid X!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, with the update of Android 2.2 I finally got to download Chrome to Phone. It works great except when I get the link and it pops open on my Droid, It's playing a random song (full length) from my music collection. I've looked into settings for gmail and dolphin browser HD as those are the two app's working together I think.

Anyone else have this problem and fix it, or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Love my Droid X!

What is your default tone on your phone? Mine is "Droid" so I get that whenever I use it.

OP
V

veedubdan74

Reaction score
Hmm, good question. I had it as a custom ringtone before the update, but the update reset all my ringtones and now none of mine are showing up for the phone ringer anymore.. I would assume it's the default? which would be Droid.

I have ringtones under Media > audio > notifications and they show up for everything but the phone ringtone, does it get ringtones from another place? Also in 2.2 it appears I can't go to the ringtone in the app they were downloaded to and set it as anything anymore.

Edit: Just changed the phone ringtone to one the "Droid X" and sent another link to my phone as a test and it's still playing this random song. I think it might be the last song in my collection (alphabetically)

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Do you have it set to open the links automatically or set to let you open the links. What kind of links are you sending? I have been using Chrome to phone since the 2.2 leak and never had this issue.

OP
V

veedubdan74

Reaction score
I have it open the link automatically and i've sent all kinds of different websites lately as tests.