ChompSMS Help

WineGirl

Reaction score
Ciao tutti!

I hope one or a few of you can assist me with this inquiry.

I was told that you could save texts with ChompSMS. I figured out how you select all of the texts and then save them to a folder on your phone. I have a Galaxy S3. Where can that folder be found? Secondly, once found, how can I copy and paste or save the texts into word or an email to be sent and saved?

Thank you!

WineGirl

OP
W

WineGirl

Reaction score
Thank you, now I just hope someone knows the answer to my question :) I tried contacting the app, but they never answered my question.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I personally use SMS Backup & Restore to save all my text messages. They can be saved into separate recovery files or into one directory that can be written over with each new save

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Me too! I also use the sister app by the same developer, "Call Logs Backup and Restore" to save my call logs.

Still, unless you have a removable SD card and you change the default storage location to that removable SD card, or you copy the backup file off, onto another storage such as your PC or the cloud, it will do you no good if you need to do a factory reset or lose your phone or the phone dies.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Me too! I also use the sister app by the same developer, "Call Logs Backup and Restore" to save my call logs.

Still, unless you have a removable SD card and you change the default storage location to that removable SD card, or you copy the backup file off, onto another storage such as your PC or the cloud, it will do you no good if you need to do a factory reset or lose your phone or the phone dies.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Knew I forgot to mention something about the app. Thanks for covering that part Fox.

No real point in having a backup if you don't save it somewhere else:p

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard!

OP
W

WineGirl

Reaction score
Thank you all for taking the time to help me. I downloaded "Call Logs Backup and Restore" but how do I save one text thread to it and/or the SD card?

I did try saving the text thread again, and saved it into a new folder. Do you also know where I locate these folders in a Galaxy S3? There is a save to folder option in ChompSMS but cannot find the folder anywhere!?

Lastly, when I find the folder how do I save it to the SD card and/or a cloud service?

Thanks again!

OP
W

WineGirl

Reaction score
I found SMS Backup, have any of you used this? It's exactly what I was looking for. I did some research and you can email the backed up text, but I cannot figure out how to do so in the app. Do any of you know how to do this? Thanks again!