Cheek Dialing?

nikkid

Reaction score
I have the Razr Maxx and have had the issue when I am talking on my phone and my cheek touches the phone and dials someone else in my favorites. Then asks if I want to merge calls. Has anyone had this happen to them?? More importantly...how can it be solved?

aarong03

Reaction score
nikkid said:
I have the Razr Maxx and have had the issue when I am talking on my phone and my cheek touches the phone and dials someone else in my favorites. Then asks if I want to merge calls. Has anyone had this happen to them?? More importantly...how can it be solved?

How long have you had the phone? Also what is the OS, Ginger bread or ICS? You may have to do a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
N

nikkid

Reaction score
I have had the phone for 4 months. It has the ICS and I have done a factory or hard reset and that didn't help.
I am very unhappy with my Razr Maxx!:angry:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Your proximity sensor is not turning off the screen as the phone is put up to your face. Look closely at your phone and make sure the sensor is not covered with the edge of a screen protector or some bit of gunk stuck on the phone. The proximity sensor is one of the two little circles just under and to the left of Motorola at the top of the phone. I had the edge of a screen protector covering just a little bit of mine on another phone and that's all it took.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Download androsensor in the play store.. it checks your proximity sensor and other sensors too...

It should give 3 different readings, if I recall correctly.. waiting for event, 1.6 in.. and 36 inches.... if I recall... post your results... we'll see what we can do to help.. :)

OP
N

nikkid

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise. I will try that otherwise I was able to get a new phone sent to me from Verizon.