Checkbox gone from emails with new OS version.

rzunig1

Reaction score
The problem I still have is that I no longer have a checkbox next to each email in my gmail account.

While the current fix that works is to enable "batch operations" in the settings, this does not resolve the issue.

When I first got my Motorola Droid back in Jan of 2010, I have always had "batch operations" disabled, and still had the check boxes next to each and every email throughout the different OS updates, until the last OS update. I don't like the batch operations feature, because it batches together all emails that are from the same conversation, and it makes it difficult to manage emails.

I'm guessing that there is a bug in the new OS version, because as I've mentioned, I always disabled the "batch operations" feature, and have always had the check boxes remain. Does anyone know how to contact the bug support team for the creators of the Android OS? I would like to let them know about this issue.

Also, if anyone knows of another way to resolve this issue without enabling the "batch operations" feature, please let me know.

Thanks!

OP
R

rzunig1

Reaction score
Nobody? Did I stump the panel with this one, or am I the only one with this problem?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried k9 email? That's what I use, works great:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nobody? Did I stump the panel with this one, or am I the only one with this problem?

Are you saying that Enabling Batch operations does not make the check boxes available? Or are you saying that you don't like doing that for some reason?

Sorry, just not sure what you are saying is a bug is really a bug. I think it is just the direction they decided to go with their app.

OP
R

rzunig1

Reaction score
I am saying that I don't like the "batch operations" feature. I have had that feature disabled since I got the phone back in 2010, and have always had the check boxes. Even after previous OS updates, I still had the check boxes, but after the last OS update, my check boxes disappeared, and now I have to enable batch operations, in order to see the check boxes.

It obviously seems to be an OS bug, but figured I'd throw it out there to see if anyone figured out a work around other than enabling the "batch operations".

I don't like "batch operations", because I don't like it grouping all of my emails from the same email chain, into one, plus it hides all previous emails (or conversations if you will), when viewing the latest email. It's just personal preference. Some are not bothered by it, but I am.

Last edited: