cheap soft case

Big Ry

Reaction score
My GNex took its first spill yesterday after 2 months of ownership. I got out of the car with it sitting on my lap :/ lol. I managed to ding up all four corners with one having a solid chunk missing! So I think I need to get a case. I don't want this thing looking like my D2 does after a year.

I need a soft (rubber) case that'll dissipate the energy of the impact. Those hard cases are useless and just a PITA to get on/off. Biggest issue I've found with soft cases though are their texture. I need it to slide into my pocket smoothly. Bulk isn't a huge concern, but it'd be nice to not have a gigantic case on it. And price point has to be right. Otter box makes nice soft cases with smooth texture, but I'm not paying $50 for a case...that absurd. So what would you all suggest?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I actually picked this case up after mine took a small spill. Took about a 4inch drop onto concrete and hit some rock pebbles, got blemished on the corner:(
So I picked this case up for when I'm exercising or anywhere there's a chance I can get a scratch. Comes off easy and stays on quite nice, doesn't add too much thickness either. Looks like it even dropped in price: Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS CLEAR TPU GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Electronics

This case is AWESOME! I have 4 cases and I use this one out of all of them. Cheapest priced out of all my cases too!

I have the black one.

Here's a couple of pics:

anpYk.jpg

uViZf.jpg

I actually picked this case up after mine took a small spill. Took about a 4inch drop onto concrete and hit some rock pebbles, got blemished on the corner:(
So I picked this case up for when I'm exercising or anywhere there's a chance I can get a scratch. Comes off easy and stays on quite nice, doesn't add too much thickness either. Looks like it even dropped in price: Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS CLEAR TPU GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Electronics
Just what I was looking for, Dezy! Thanks DancingNexus

I ordered one. I just wish I'd gotten this before I dropped my baby yesterday :frown:

Yeah the case looks pretty good and adds some nice grip to what is usually a pretty slippery phone. I wish I didn't learn the hard way, but oh well, at least other than the corner blemish it's still perfect.

I can tell by your pics too wicked that the case doesn't fit around perfect, but it's more than good enough. Definitely a great case for the money

I can tell by your pics too wicked that the case doesn't fit around perfect, but it's more than good enough. Definitely a great case for the money

It almost fits perfectly. Not really noticable. (to me at least) I do have the extended battery on.

I just ordered a clear one.. for the price why not.

If I like it I'll probably try the black one.

I recommend the Cruzerlite Androidified A2, great case for the GNex and I use it with the extended battery. Just do a search for Cruzerlite for Galaxy nexus and you should find it, I got mine from Amazon. They have about 10 different colors, most are transparent, some are solid. I have read some issues with the cutouts not being big enough for some USB cables and or headphone cables, but I have had no issues with mine.

Edit - Sorry, forgot to mention that there is a promotion for Buy 2 get 1 free for these as well. They have been listed on multiple forums, so some of the colors may be on backorder again, I know I had to wait a while for mine, but glad I got them.

Last edited:
I just got the Cruzerlite in Black. It's one of the best fitting cases out there. It fits the extended battery perfectly and looks nice. It's only $9.90 on Amazon.

Back