cheap audio cables = problems

V

volando

Just wanted to let people looking for audio-cables (to connect to the car or to stereos) know that the really cheap 3.5mm to RCA don't work really well, like these ones from mono price: For only $0.65 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3.5mm Stereo Plug/2 RCA Plug cable - 6ft | 3.5mm/RCA Audio Cables

The connector droid-side is very loose and the plug is very slim = not a good combination -> channels go in and out, lots of staticy noises, especially if the car is moving and shakes a bit. Pretty much impossible to listen to music.

I used another "high quality" belkin cable I picked up in Radio Shack some years ago and had 0 problems, even when twisting and turning the plug while it's inside the droid.

ironwolf1

Reaction score
thats odd you said that, I have better quality with real good bass coming from the droid with monoprice 3.5mm and the usb cable has great voltage reliability

1GstoEnvy

Reaction score
i bought 3 sets of these, and i think they're under priced.... definitely better then a lot of the ones i've seen and used at a higher price...

OP
V

volando

yeah, it probably depends on the unit... i also ordered 3 and none of them work in the droid (though they do work fine for other things), but a different cable does! Motorola needs to get this whole 'consistency' thing down somehow :)