Charging Questions

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Yesterday on my way to work I placed my Droid in the car dock and plugged in the charger. I had 100% charge on the battery since it had charged overnight. I used the Map on the drive to work. I am unable to take my phone into work, so I left it on the car dock. Kept the charger plugged in. I exited the map and then turned off the display. The battery had a 100% charge when I went into work. The blue light on the charger was off when I left my car and was still on when I returned. However when I turned the phone back on, the battery was at 60%.

Thursday nights I assemble movies at a movie theatre. So on the drive to the theatre, I started the View Map, and noticed by the time I got there, the battery was back up to 70%. While at the theatre I plugged in the phone using a wall charger and used NFL Mobile to watch the draft. When I turned off NFL Mobile before going into an auditorium to watch a movie, the battery had dropped again to 60%, even though the phone was plugged in.

So I had the following questions.

1. Is it normal for the battery to drop 40% over the course of a work day, even though the phone is plugged in? GPS was not turned on.

2. While the phone is plugged in via a wall charger, is it normal for it to lose charge while streaming NFL Network via NFL Mobile?

Thanks

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. Is it normal for the battery to drop 40% over the course of a work day, even though the phone is plugged in? GPS was not turned on.
There's really not enough info in your post to answer this. We have no idea what is or isn't running on your Droid. We have no idea what coverage was like when your car was parked with the Droid in it. There may be additional factors that affect battery life as well that neither of us have mentioned.

Off the cuff it doesn't sound normal but one Droid user's normal may not be another's.

The blue light on the charger was off when I left my car and was still on when I returned.
Can you clarify whether it was on or off? The sentence contradicts itself.

Last edited:
OP
vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Reaction score
There's really not enough info in your post to answer this. We have no idea what is or isn't running on your Droid. We have no idea what coverage was like when your car was parked with the Droid in it. There may be additional factors that affect battery life as well that neither of us have mentioned.

No apps were running. I have excellent coverage in the parking lot, usually full bars.

Only app running while at the theatre was NFL Mobile.

OP
vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Reaction score

Off the cuff it doesn't sound normal but one Droid user's normal may not be another's.

The blue light on the charger was off when I left my car and was still on when I returned.
Can you clarify whether it was on or off? The sentence contradicts itself.
That was a typo. The blue light was on when I left the car and was on when I returned.

I noticed yesterday that the phone also lost some charge when using the Map while plugged into the car charger.