Charging issues

[ L ]

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, I was charging my phone. My little brother decided it would be funny if he took out the charger from my phone and fill the end of the charger that goes into the phone with playdo. I walked in on him doing so, and stopped him from finishing the job. I took the charger from him and proceeded to dig out the playdo and plug it into my phone. It flickered between charging and not charging, but then stopped flickering and stayed on charging. Problem solved, right? Wrong. Now, when I plug it into a charger, I have to jam it into the phone to keep it charging and hold it there if I want it to charge. What is wrong with my phone?

Sent from my ShadowDroid

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why would you even take that chance? Buy a new charger.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
+1 ^^^ this. I would have NEVER even tried it in my phone and just replaced it. It's too small to get all the playdo out of. Now you might have increased your troubles by getting some of the stuff in the charging port of your phone as well.

The only option now is to get a battery only charger and may as well get an extra battery as well.

good luck

OP
[ L ]

[ L ]

Reaction score
It wasnt the charger that works incorrectly, its the phone itself. The charger works fine.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It wasnt the charger that works incorrectly, its the phone itself. The charger works fine.

And you know the charger is OK because you've charged another phone on it?

Of course it's the charger. Take it into a Verizon Store and have them put it on a charger for you.

OP
[ L ]

[ L ]

Reaction score
I have tested it on two other phones and on both it worked fine.

Sent from my ShadowDroid

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
The only option now is to get a battery only charger and may as well get an extra battery as well.
Again ^^^ this. I trust you are probably having troubles connecting it to your pc as well?