My Droid stopped charging....AGAIN!

zinny0753

Reaction score
On my third Droid...one new (stopped charging using car charger and USB)....one replacement....(SAME ISSUE! Stopped chargeing using car AND only "flicker" charges using USB. Only way to charge for sure in plugged into wall). Verizon is sending me a new one now.

Anyone else have same issue??

Realistic

Reaction score
had a problem like this with my car charger, but it turns out it was the cable. the end of it got wet too many times (its a very long cable and my cars floor is often moist from melting snow) and rusted at the insert. I replaced it with another cable and all is well.

OP
Z

zinny0753

Reaction score
had a problem like this with my car charger, but it turns out it was the cable. the end of it got wet too many times (its a very long cable and my cars floor is often moist from melting snow) and rusted at the insert. I replaced it with another cable and all is well.

Yes Verizon has been great. Along with a new Droid, they are sending a replacement car charger as well.

BHalfpap

Reaction score
On my third Droid...one new (stopped charging using car charger and USB)....one replacement....(SAME ISSUE! Stopped chargeing using car AND only "flicker" charges using USB. Only way to charge for sure in plugged into wall). Verizon is sending me a new one now.

Anyone else have same issue??

Yes, 5 times! It HAS to be a programming problem which shuts off the USB port but no one can confirm that is the problem. The last one lasted maybe two weeks until Ice Cream was updated yesterday. Another one is being shipped tomorrow. Thankfully, this is a business phone but personally, I wouldn't own a personal one.