Chargers

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Anyone buy any extras yet? The USB C to USB A is horribly short (6") so I need to replace it.

Any luck with One plus one cables? I see they have a longer 3' cable.

Mod edit:

To help with figuring out which cables and chargers are safe for your Nexus 6P we will post a link to cables and chargers that you can purchase.

Here in an app that will let you know if your USB Type C to USB A is compliant: CheckR - Android Apps on Google Play

Here are the cables that are compliant:

Here are the chargers that are in compliance:

Spreadsheet showing which cables/chargers/cases/etc work with our phones

USB-C Cables and Nexus Accessories

Last edited:

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I need another charger, car charger & more cables too. I tried to use my $50.00 play store credit but the C->A cable is out of stock... And they don't even list a car charger.

If anyone finds anything, I'd love to know about it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know in MKBHD's review video, he had his plugged in to a One+ cable. He didn't mention anything about the quality or whether rapid charging had any issues over that cable. Mostly, I'm just commenting because I know I'll want to keep track of this thread as the discussion builds.

OP
Mustang02

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I need another charger, car charger & more cables too. I tried to use my $50.00 play store credit but the C->A cable is out of stock... And they don't even list a car charger.

If anyone finds anything, I'd love to know about it.
I didn't think the $50 play store credit worked for accessories, just app store. Good to know. It appears everyone is out of stock on C to A. I didn't want to buy any before the device came out in fear of wasting money.

Oh and the Rapid Charging is hella fast. I was at 13% a little while ago, I'm at over 50% now.

OP
Mustang02

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So after reading about how some Type C cables aren't USB compliant I'm nervous. Most of the reputable places, oneplusone, monoprice, etc are sold out without any update on when they will be back in stock. I'm trying to figure out how I'll charge while in the car. This type a to type c that came with the phone is just too short for any realistic charging in my truck.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
So after reading about how some Type C cables aren't USB compliant I'm nervous. Most of the reputable places, oneplusone, monoprice, etc are sold out without any update on when they will be back in stock. I'm trying to figure out how I'll charge while in the car. This type a to type c that came with the phone is just too short for any realistic charging in my truck.
I think you can trust a company like Belkin. A bit pricy but at least you know it complies.

3.1 USB-C to USB-C Cable (Also Known as USB Type-C)

OP
Mustang02

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I may have to do that.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Still no car chargers. Kinda hard to spend that $50.00

OP
Mustang02

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
10132547e130f7334744a94b8b7f3fe5.jpg

OP
Mustang02

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My cables will be here Friday shipping from CA.