charger question

FieryMomOf2

Reaction score
Our puppy used my original charger as a chew toy, and Verizon sent me a universal charger. The charger causes the phone to freeze/lag when its plugged in, not responsive to touch, etc. And it refuses to acknowledge it as a USB cable when attached to the computer.

Nobody told me until I called Motorola that it HAS to be a Motorola charger in order to work. Has anyone else found this to be the case? I'm waiting for a replacement charger from Motorola that may or may not arrive before summer's over as the 2 people I talked to today told me my order has shipped but nobody seems to know how to give me a tracking number. Their systems were 'updating' they said. 4 hours apart? And how do they know its shipped and can say it will arrive Monday or Tuesday if they have no tracking number?

Anyway my original question was about the charger. What gives? Is this with everyone else too?

schatzy62

Reaction score
Yes Motorola chargers only. Not sure exactly why but i have had the same issue and until I got a Motorola Charger I had all kinds of problems.

sniperf250

Reaction score
I use a multitude of different charfers with my razr but the one that charges quickest from the wall would be my stock charger but all my other chargers work fine my other chargers are a couple of old htc inspire&wildfire s chargers and a cheapo gophone samsung charger all work fine but moto is faster

Sent from my DROID RAZR in blue! using Droid Forums

normnospam

Reaction score
motorola droid charger

Greetings,
Just a thought.
I just took a look at my factory droid 4 charger.
model SSW-2222US
The output is 5.1v @ 850 mA.
The output on the universal charger may be issue.
norm