Charger probelms

motodroiduser

Reaction score
I lost my OEM USB cord and i replaced it with a generic one i found lying around. However, I have found that sometimes the phone will not accept the cord and even displayed an error (i cannot recall what it said ATM). Can the charger/phone actually decipher the difference between OEM and generic cables? I would think it would just see it as a cord that supplied 5v's. Or is there somehow a "code" the cord sends to the phone (which sounds extremely far-fetched)

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The X is picky with USB cables. Non-OEM cables don't supply the needed connection for the X. Get a replacement asap.

scf

Reaction score
OEM is the only way to go with the droids(1,2,X,Pro). Otherwise they tend to rebel and start texting/calling randomly. Seriously.

archangel5884

Reaction score
OEM is the only way to go with the droids(1,2,X,Pro). Otherwise they tend to rebel and start texting/calling randomly. Seriously.

I think it's very interesting you mention that...my Wife's Droid Pro and my Roommate's Droid-X are not picky at all. I bought a USB Micro splitter from RND power solutions on Amazon and an Ipad charger and haven't had a problem at all.

Of course this cable was on sale at the time.....

Amazon.com: Long Charge Dual Micro USB Splitter Cable (6ft) allows you to Power up to 2 Micro USB Devices At Once including Samsung Smart Phones: Continuum, Focus, Galaxy S (4G, Captivate, Epic 4G, Fascinate, Nexus, S2, Vibrant), Infuse, Intercept, &