Changing your call quality.

acoers

Reaction score
Has anyone tried changing there call qualilty by dialling ##7764726 then you put in six 0's for the passcode and you go into 06testmode, then hit next twice and go into service option and change it to evrc-b. I tried this and it wont let me hit save anywhere just lets me hit previous next and back. So how do i apply that change?

norcal1900

Reaction score
Has anyone tried changing there call qualilty by dialling ##7764726 then you put in six 0's for the passcode and you go into 06testmode, then hit next twice and go into service option and change it to evrc-b. I tried this and it wont let me hit save anywhere just lets me hit previous next and back. So how do i apply that change?

Were did you get this from?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
Found it on youtube, I searched droid tricks and this cam up.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I've never tried it because I heard that in some parts of the country you might get no service after making the change.

2 safe things to try to improve call quality:
1)dial *22899 and wait for it to hang up. This updates PRLs and should be done about once per month.
2)under phone settings > call settings > voice privacy you can try unchecking it. Of course, then your calls are unencrypted but I personally don't have anything to hide

nmos

Reaction score
2)under phone settings > call settings > voice privacy you can try unchecking it. Of course, then your calls are unencrypted but I personally don't have anything to hide

I don't believe "voice privacy" has anything to do with encryption. It's for reducing background sounds like when talking and have a tv on in the background.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Two other things:
- turn on CDMA only mode (in the US)
- turn on roaming

I don't believe "voice privacy" has anything to do with encryption. It's for reducing background sounds like when talking and have a tv on in the background.

No, it encrypts your voice traffic so that people can't eavesdrop.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
You appear to be correct. Sorry about that.

No problem. More tips:
-move the headset to make sure that your ear is actually over the earpiece
-do not cover the noise-cancelling microphone(s) with your hand/case/etc. (on D3 it's the small hole on lower back, I think. There may be another someplace.)
-turn down the volume a notch from full. On the original droid, this seemed to improve call quality so it's worth a shot experimenting with the volume
-find out where the antenna is in your phone. (bottom of D3, I think) you can move your hand away from that area.
-find the direction of the nearest cell antenna site by turning in a circle/walking around and listening for the best signal

Last edited:

norcal1900

Reaction score
No problem. More tips:
-move the headset to make sure that your ear is actually over the earpiece
-do not cover the noise-cancelling microphone(s) with your hand/case/etc. (on D3 it's the small hole on lower back, I think. There may be another someplace.)
-turn down the volume a notch from full. On the original droid, this seemed to improve call quality so it's worth a shot experimenting with the volume
-find out where the antenna is in your phone. (bottom of D3, I think) you can move your hand away from that area.
-find the direction of the nearest cell antenna site by turning in a circle/walking around and listening for the best signal

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
Turning off Voice Privacy definitely helps the quality. Everyone I have talked to since doing it has noticed a difference.

Sent from my Rooted Droid 3

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't know what you find so funny but I'm glad I could entertain you.
Laughing was kind of rude, but I get the joke. I think he was amused by some of the more minor tweaks, especially walking in a circle. ;) It's all good, no worries.

-Matt