Changing roms

Jeffykite

Reaction score
my droid 2 currently has the fission rom on it, if I used my backup to go back to the original rom will I lose my texts/recently added phone numbers?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will lose your info if you do not back them up. Smsbackup in the market will work for your texts and Backup Assistant can help with your contacts. Or you can use another contact backup app

sent from my ZombieStomped X

rusty815

Reaction score
contacts are linked to your google account, so they will be there if you switch roms, what you will lose is your messages, which you need to backup if you want to keep them.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jeffykite

Reaction score
contacts are linked to your google account, so they will be there if you switch roms, what you will lose is your contacts, which you need to backup if you want to keep them.

This makes no sense.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
you can use various apps from the market to backup and restore after, the messages and/or contacts.
beside saved games you pretty much won't lose anything.

chrisl20

Reaction score
Titanium backup allows for data to be saved along w the actual app, so you can restore your game saves etc.. ..as far as backing up msgs, I've never tried to use TiBu to restore handcent+data... ..when u use TiBu don't do a batch, bc I don't think u want to restore your system data since it will try to put back things from your past rom, but I could be wrong... ..maybe someone else can chime in to concur