Changing Google Accounts. Can we swap?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So here is the deal, years back I made a Google account and now I have SOO much on this account. I have so many mail filters, tons of documents, a few important calendars, and little settings here and there. I got a new account with a name that better suits me now and I am slowly moving everyhting over from the old account. It takes time, but is very possible. Even Google Voice is apparently able to merge over if I send a form to Google.

My obvious issue is that I have a Droid1, and I MIGHT be getting either an iPhone5 (if it impresses me) or a new Droid phone in the next 2 months. If I end up getting an Android device and I am using a new account i cannot get my paid apps. Personally I think this is a dumb move on Google's part to make it not possible to move your google paid apps.

Any ideas? Is this 100% impossible? I read someone said to contact the dev of all my paid apps and explain, but let's see... probably only 2 or 3 of them would actually go out of their way to help me out?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe in the new market, you can add more then one account, thereby allowing you to get your apps even if your primary account is changed.

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow, I will check into this. Its not quite a "fix" to swapping accounts but a little work around.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
yep a workaround...in the new market just hit the menu key and select accounts, and you'll be able to select the email address you want.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I know you can link your Google accounts. You just need to sign into you account on the computer and go through the settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums