changing cpu voltage on R2Droid

efexay

Reaction score
What's the least complicated way to up the voltage on a rooted R2Droid? I'm using the stock ROM it came with.

Thanks.

28 views not 1 reply? if it has to be a change via command prompt, I can do that. just need to know what to type.

you're talking about the voltage, not the processing speed?? the only way i would know to change voltage is with a different kernel - but i could be way off.

if you're talking about the mhz processing speed, the easiest way is with setCPU app from the mkt.

thanks for the reply. yes, I mean voltage. as is, the machine can't seem to go above 1 GHz without a voltage change and subsequent CPU overclocking.

We just overclocked the d2 and dx 2 days ago. Now the r2d2 is very similar to the d2 so you can probably us ethe d2 instructions to o/c the r2d2. Now you may not need to increase your voltage. I was able to get to 1200 with out increasing voltage. When I tried to use too much voltage to o/c to 1300 it reboot so I had to play around until I figured it out.
I suggest you make a nandroid backup and have sbf ready before trying. I also think you need to take your time and read what is going on in the thread I will link and the dx and d2 on android forums thread that is linked in the the link below. Do not rush this take your time and pay attention to your droid and what is going on. Ask questions. What you are doing can damage your device because you are messing with the hardware. You and only you are responsible for what happens.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/90155-droid-x-overclocking-droid-2-a.html

We just overclocked the d2 and dx 2 days ago. Now the r2d2 is very similar to the d2 so you can probably us ethe d2 instructions to o/c the r2d2. Now you may not need to increase your voltage. I was able to get to 1200 with out increasing voltage. When I tried to use too much voltage to o/c to 1300 it reboot so I had to play around until I figured it out.
I suggest you make a nandroid backup and have sbf ready before trying. I also think you need to take your time and read what is going on in the thread I will link and the dx and d2 on android forums thread that is linked in the the link below. Do not rush this take your time and pay attention to your droid and what is going on. Ask questions. What you are doing can damage your device because you are messing with the hardware. You and only you are responsible for what happens.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/90155-droid-x-overclocking-droid-2-a.html

SetCPU doesn't want to go over 1 GHz when I choose 'Autodetect Speeds' and the D2 is not on their predetermined Other Frequencies list so I figured a kernel/voltage change was required to get above 1GHz. But maybe I can manually do it all in SetCPU. I dunno. I'm not an expert with that app.

Yeah, I'm not trying to fry my phone. I just want a little boost for overlclocking's sake. It's already snappy.

Back