Changing Boot Animation from Liberty.

Aranos

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and I am in need of assistance. I have a rooted Droid 2 that was formerly running the Liberty 1.5 Rom. The problem arose when recently my lock/power button stopped working. In order to have it be covered under warranty, I needed to return my phone to stock. I originally tried restoring it to my previous state.
That worked except for 1 issue. My phone still has the Boot animation from the liberty ROM. I've tried just about everything I've read so far. First of all, I tried reinstalling liberty. I've done this a few times. When I try this the phone hangs after the liberty boot animation and wont go any farther. I have to flash it with an sbf each time to get it working again.
I also tried pushing a downloaded version of the bootanimation.zip to the /system/Media folder to no avail. I found a file in the /system/bin file with the name bootanimation, and I moved it. The phone no longer has the liberty boot animation, but it doesn't have any boot animation at all. I've tried replacing the file in the /system/bin folder with the bootanimation.zip that I acquired that is the original stock droid 2 boot animation. No luck, I still have no boot animation.
If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. I really need a phone and right now I cant connect to Verizon's network because it lost the network information when flashing the sbf file.

bassdj

SliceThemez Theme Creator
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
iamandroid.co
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and I am in need of assistance. I have a rooted Droid 2 that was formerly running the Liberty 1.5 Rom. The problem arose when recently my lock/power button stopped working. In order to have it be covered under warranty, I needed to return my phone to stock. I originally tried restoring it to my previous state.
That worked except for 1 issue. My phone still has the Boot animation from the liberty ROM. I've tried just about everything I've read so far. First of all, I tried reinstalling liberty. I've done this a few times. When I try this the phone hangs after the liberty boot animation and wont go any farther. I have to flash it with an sbf each time to get it working again.
I also tried pushing a downloaded version of the bootanimation.zip to the /system/Media folder to no avail. I found a file in the /system/bin file with the name bootanimation, and I moved it. The phone no longer has the liberty boot animation, but it doesn't have any boot animation at all. I've tried replacing the file in the /system/bin folder with the bootanimation.zip that I acquired that is the original stock droid 2 boot animation. No luck, I still have no boot animation.
If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. I really need a phone and right now I cant connect to Verizon's network because it lost the network information when flashing the sbf file.

use the jrummy app bootlogo changer in the market. it has the droid 2 boot logo

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
If this is still not resolved I'm pretty sure you use root explorer and change the bootanimation.zip folder which is located in the /data/local folder. That worked for me.

Sent from my Liberated&Honeycombed D2

knivesout

Reaction score
Here's the stock D2 boot animation. I needed it too since my camera isn't working so I'm taking it to Verizon. Found it with a quick search, it was on these forums. Works fine, just move to Data/Local in Root Explorer.

fishaholic

Reaction score
Is there a way besides using root explorer??? Like a free app?

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Liberty toolbox. I don't think you need liberty to use that portion of the app.its in the market

Sent from my Liberated&Honeycombed D2

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
If you have your own animation you can have liberty toolbox place it in the correct folder for you...