Boot animation?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Could someone tell me where the boot animation is stored on liberty 2.0.1? I looked in /system/media/ and found a boot animation zip in there but it is just the standard aosp boot screen.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

jocko1

Reaction score
Haha yep. That's where it is. I love changing the boot animation. Actually, does anybody know where to get some new ones? From a little scouring the internet I've got probably 6 or 7, but if anybody has one they think is particularily iinteresting, please let me know.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Haha yep. That's where it is. I love changing the boot animation. Actually, does anybody know where to get some new ones? From a little scouring the internet I've got probably 6 or 7, but if anybody has one they think is particularily iinteresting, please let me know.
I would say the same. It would be nice to have a themeing section for each phone. I found the stock boot animation which I am trying to port over to work on liberty and I really had to dig to find it here. :(

Reaction score
I would say the same. It would be nice to have a themeing section for each phone. I found the stock boot animation which I am trying to port over to work on liberty and I really had to dig to find it here. :(

What's there to port? Boot animations are pretty much ROM-independent, as far as I know...

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

What's there to port? Boot animations are pretty much ROM-independent, as far as I know...

I can check later to see if that's true or not, but as for porting..the download was a flashable zip and actually thinking about it, it stored the boot animation animation in the location I mentioned in the first post where as liberty stores it where rukkus said leading me to assume boot animations are some what device and rom specific.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I can check later to see if that's true or not, but as for porting..the download was a flashable zip and actually thinking about it, it stored the boot animation animation in the location I mentioned in the first post where as liberty stores it where rukkus said leading me to assume boot animations are some what device and rom specific.

As far as I know, the bootanimation.zip file in "/data/local" overrides the one found in "/system/media"; it's as simple as that. The bootanimation.zip files themselves are interchangeable.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

As far as I know, the bootanimation.zip file in "/data/local" overrides the one found in "/system/media"; it's as simple as that. The bootanimation.zip files themselves are interchangeable.
I cant comment on the over ride but it does seem that way. Maybe port wasnt quite the proper term to use is you want to nit pick words here. My point was simply the flashable zip found here for the stock boot animation, while flashable does not actually work as is when dealing with liberty. Yes, all I had to do was pull the actual boot-animation.zip and replace the one for liberty. It still boots to the initial liberty boot screen that simply has the text liberty, but good enough for now.

Now in reference to your comment that boot animations are rom independent, it is probably best to elaborate. Regardless of rom specific or not, we do have to keep device specific in mind. The phone can not run a boot animation designed for a higher resolution phone as far as I know.

Reaction score
It still boots to the initial liberty boot screen that simply has the text liberty, but good enough for now.

You can change that with the Liberty Toolbox, or with a logo changer app (there are at least two available on the market for the Droid 2/X, both paid).

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Newb here... My data file had no local...need I correct that and then add a boot animation there?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
It still boots to the initial liberty boot screen that simply has the text liberty, but good enough for now.

You can change that with the Liberty Toolbox, or with a logo changer app (there are at least two available on the market for the Droid 2/X, both paid).
Yes, i know, but that takes all the fun out of it! :p

Newb here... My data file had no local...need I correct that and then add a boot animation there?

We are refering to the /data/ folder on your phones internal storage, not the sd card.

jocko1

Reaction score

Your going to have to use a root enabled file explorer such as root explorer. It shows all the internal, usually hidden, folders.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

OR... you could check the links in my sig for hundreds of custom boot logos that can be flashed in clockwork :)