Change The Way Contact Are Shown

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I searched and I did not see anything, thats not to say its not out there, just that I may have missed it.

Is there a way to organize the contact list a little different...not a big fan of having it organized by first name. Anyway to do last name or company name?

Thanks in advance!

Twoo

Reaction score
Nope, nothing can be done- have to manually change them. Hopefully it's addressed in the update.

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Ya with over 400 contacts I am thinking that I will not be going through it manually, lol.

And really what is there to manually change? All of my contacts are in outlook and are set up to show Company name...guess it is not supported quite yet.

Twoo

Reaction score
Ya with over 400 contacts I am thinking that I will not be going through it manually, lol.

And really what is there to manually change? All of my contacts are in outlook and are set up to show Company name...guess it is not supported quite yet.

If you use outlook do this... (found online)

-------

I use MS Outlook for Mail, Contacts Calendar and Tasks.
I have 402 contacts.
They are listed Last, First in Outlook.

I exported them to a CSV file. When the "Save exported file as: field came up I renamed it "Default My Contacts.csv". This takes you to "The following actions will be performed:" screen with the "Map Custom Fields ..." button. Click it.

You are taken to the "Map Custom Fields Screen" with the "From: MS Office Outlook Contacts" side and the "To: Comma Separated Values" side.
Click the "Clear Map on the "To:" side. Drag and drop all the fields on the "From:" side to the "To:" side.

Here is the Key to Last, First--- (At least for Outlook:) Name, Business Address, Home Address, Other Address, Email, Email 2, Email 3 and some other fields have sub-fields (as denoted by a "+" sign to their left. Do not expand and drag the sub-fields separately. Drag the un-expanded value on the "From:" side to the "To:" side.
Finish the Export to CSV and then import from the CSV to Gmail.
Don't ask me why ---- but it made the difference in my contact file and everything on Gmail and Droid lined up Last, First.

------

If this works you'll be like the 12th person I've helped today. I should be a stinking moderator =p

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
LOL I am on an exchange, so when I get into the office I will look at making some changes and then letting things update.

Thanks for taking the time!