Change the lock screen shortcuts

zobothehobo

Reaction score
I just got a droid 4. I bought it from a woman on craigslist... it works great! Except I'd like to change the lock screen shortcuts. Everywhere on the internet says that if "swipe to unlock" is selected, there should be a section "Clocks and shortcuts" under the unlock options... Except there's not. I have swipe to unlock selected, and nothing. I am very frustrated. Everywhere else says to just download a 3rd party lock screen if it bothers me that much. But I don't want to have to get a 3rd party lock screen app. I've had one before and they bug up all the time. I just want to be able to change the default shortcuts on my current lock screen! There is another thread about this issue on the first page of this forum, but I'm creating a new thread instead of replying to that one because I'd like to express my frustration just a little more than a reply to that thread would allow. I am beyond frustrated at the concept that the moto droid 4 just doesn't have the capabilities to customize the lock screen, but other phones do have that capability. And I refuse to just accept that. Why can I not find these options? Are they in a different place for droid 4 users? or do they really not exist? And WHY.

OP
Z

zobothehobo

Reaction score
So that answeers part of my question. The rest is why. Why does this feature exist on other droids but not the droid 4?

mattjenn

Reaction score
I have a droid bionic too and wife has a droid RAZR and neither one of them can customize lockscreen shortcuts either