Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
No, I mean clear the storage.

Hit the home button> Menu button> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All tab>

There may be separate dialer and dialer storage listed. Clear the cache and data from both if there are, but before doing this make absolutely sure, in the Privacy settings, that you're backing up your Contacts with Google.

OP
SGTB99

SGTB99

Reaction score
No, I mean clear the storage.

Hit the home button> Menu button> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All tab>

There may be separate dialer and dialer storage listed. Clear the cache and data from both if there are, but before doing this make absolutely sure, in the Privacy settings, that you're backing up your Contacts with Google.

The only button I am aloud to use is the clear button, can't get the cache button. If I do clear it says it will clear out everything. (Still adjusting from using BB to this so I may be a bit off on some things)
I also have 2 dialer and 1 dialer storage, is that normal to have?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Probably is on the Global. I don't know. :)

It'll clear out your contacts and your call log and texts and stuff. If you're really worried about it you can back all your contacts up to your SD card (and your texts) via a market app.

OP
SGTB99

SGTB99

Reaction score
Probably is on the Global. I don't know. :)

It'll clear out your contacts and your call log and texts and stuff. If you're really worried about it you can back all your contacts up to your SD card (and your texts) via a market app.

Not worried just a newbie big time..lol..have not put anything major on it yet that I cant reload.
When you say clear out my contacts I assume you mean the calls I made or that came in to the phone?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. Try this, then;

When you clear out dialer storage, where the texts are stored, it may take your contacts with it. This is why I suggested you make sure they're backed up with Google.

OP
SGTB99

SGTB99

Reaction score
Okay. Try this, then;

When you clear out dialer storage, where the texts are stored, it may take your contacts with it. This is why I suggested you make sure they're backed up with Google.
Like I said all my contacts go to the Verizons backup server that comes with it.
What about the (2) dialers I have listed? One has 16.KB and the other has 8.KB.
The other thing is when the Delet window pops up is shows some of what will be deleted to include ..databases, accounts etc.

I get nervous as I am that tech savvy about these phones and I just dont want to delet something i may need.
Not having a place to back up everything on a file is what is throwing me off here I guess. With Blackberry you have a file on your laptop all your backup goes to so if you lose something or everything you can go to your last backup and load it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
And Google's approach is to store it for you so if something happens while you're on the road you don't have to worry about waiting till you get home to fix it. :)

OP
SGTB99

SGTB99

Reaction score
And that is just for the contacts? Was looking at that only because I rarely if ever use outlook.
It is was not just for this one thing all would be fine you know and not annoying to see it pop up every so often..lol

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Oh, I hear that.

Google stores your contacts (if you let them), and records your app purchases and even some of your app's data, for your convenience. :)

OP
SGTB99

SGTB99

Reaction score
Been looking and getting a slite headache.
Ok real simple...how do you load a theme and wallpaper?

Yea live wallpaper you can go through market.

But from here, this site. Never had this much issue with Blackberry. Am I suppose to unzipp it or what.

At this point willing to be dumb down on this...just a lil help please. Complete new to Droid.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I don't know as there are any themes for the D2G yet, to be honest. For wallpapers you should be able to pick them from your gallery. Go to your home screen. Menu button or long-press the screen. Now pick wallpaper. Now pick whatever source and wallpaper you want. :)