Change from Blackberry Storm 2 to Droid X?

Freddie1

Reaction score
dancedroidI am not a Droid owner yet. I'm here to get answers to a couple of questions to help me decide whether to go with this system. Can someone give me information on the use of the Droid X to access the internet and view the web pages on a tablet? If so which tablets are recommended for this purpose? What else will I gain by changing from the Blackberry Storm 2 to the Droid x and what will I loose?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I'm not sure what you're asking about accessing the web and viewing tablets with the Droid X, the X is not a tablet it's a phone.

Having said that and coming from a Blackberry Storm 2 myself I can tell you that there is nothing that you can't do in Blackberry that you can't do with the X. It's like comparing 20th century technology to 21st century technology. I had both the Storm 1 and the Storm 2 and neither of those could even come close to the original Droid, let alone an X.

I will say this however: There is a huge learning curve between an X and a Storm. You have to forget everything you ever knew about Blackberry, it does not apply to the Droid. Daily battery pulls, that kind of stuff are not necessary. You don't have to worry about application memory, you probably didn't with the Storm 2 but I know that was a huge issue with the Storm 1. And you'll have to learn how to do things a bit differently. Some people just can't do it and go back to Blackberry, but the vast majority stay with the Droid.

Hope that helps.

OP
F

Freddie1

Reaction score
Change from Storm2 to Droid x

Thanks for the response it is very helpful. I do still have problems with the Storm 2 with battery limitations.
A Verizon sales person told me the phone could be used to transfer internet pages from the phone directly to the screen of a separate tablet I believe via bluetooth. On this use I'm trying to get additional information.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!! You got questions - we've got a thread for it! Seriously, check out the Droid Discussions section for all thongs Droid, and also our separate section devoted entirely to the DX. TONS of info in here, and even more people willing to help. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Hook is right - there's just no comparing the Storm to the X. It's kinda like asking what's the difference between a Yugo and a Mercedes - there's no comparison, IMO. The DX (or any Droid) is just an amazingly powerful device.

As for the tablet issue, are you asking about using your X as a wifi connection for a tablet?? If so, yes you can use it as such - you just have to pay an extra monthly fee to get thewifi hotspots feature (unless you're rooted, but that's a discussion for another day).

Jump on in here, don't be afraid to ask questions, and join the revolution! ;)

tappin like a mutha

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

d3vilfish

Reaction score
I used to have a blaclberry storm. Personally I would never go back. Not sure why you would want to transfer pages to tablet. Just turn on wifi hotspot on droid and surf with tablet from anywhere

the devil made me do it

TInman22

Reaction score
I've been searching for feedback on how to transfer my BB Storm Notes (Memos) to the Droid. Most say there is an app for that. So far, I haven't seen a description of one that allows for the character length and search ability I use with my BB. Anyone here have a positive experience transferring from a BB to a Droid with this specific question answered?

JR