Change ICS Lock Screen Icons on RAZR

rherron

Reaction score
Is it me, or can we not change the lock screens icons on ICS on the RAZR? I want a Handcent icon instead of the stock messaging icon on the lock screen. I have Googled it. There are videos of lock screen options on other devices on YouTube. But I don't seem to have that on my RAZR, or else I am overlooking it.

If you can do it, if someone would post the steps, and tell me like I am a 5 year old, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

OP
rherron

rherron

Reaction score
I figured it out. Manage Apps. Select the text app. Disable it. It will give you a warning about screwing up other apps. Tell it to do it anyway. Handcent will then be on your lock screen.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Did anyone else have the issue that when you disable text messaging, you can no longer receive MMS?

CivENGR

Reaction score
This is correct, the lock screen displays shortcuts to your DEFAULT text app. Once you "disable" the stock messaging app, it will display Handcent/Go SMS shortcut. To fix the MMS issue, you must go to your text app settings and tell it stock messenger app is deleted. In GO, Navigate to Settings > Advanced Tab > Important Tips > and check "Stock SMS Uninstalled". This forces GO SMS to handle MMS messages. Handcent has similar option.

muppetgirl57

Reaction score
change txt icon on unlock screen

Is it me, or can we not change the lock screens icons on ICS on the RAZR? I want a Handcent icon instead of the stock messaging icon on the lock screen. I have Googled it. There are videos of lock screen options on other devices on YouTube. But I don't seem to have that on my RAZR, or else I am overlooking it.

If you can do it, if someone would post the steps, and tell me like I am a 5 year old, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.[/QU

There is a way to change it. I did it on my phone. Go to settings>apps>manage apps> select the stock app and then select deactivate app. You'll get a warning message just hit OK. If you have handsent or gosms it will automatically get replaced on the lock screen.

If anyone knows of a way to completely remove the txt from the lock screen let me know. I don't like the lack of privacy.

[email protected]

navigator

Reaction score
The proceedure outlined by Rheeon worked beautifully. I had no problmes with not receiving MMS. Thanks anyway to the input by CivEngr:)