Change Device feature in gallery?

Killtrip

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is not new, but I just happened across something that I have no idea how I did it, nor do I know why I can't see the option to do it again anymore.

Earlier today, I was looking through the gallery on my Verizon S4, and noticed a button at the top of the screen that ( if I remember correctly) said 'change device' .. or something like that. When I pressed it, my TV started displaying the photos that I was looking at. It wasn't a live stream of my phones display, but more like a share media option.

My TV is a 60" inch Sharp Quatron model # lc-60le845u. The TV does not support BT, nor wifi direct, I believe. I didn't do anything special to do this, it just happened. When I looked at the input selection in the TV menu, above all the HDMI inputs, it said "remote link" or something to that effect.

Later, I was looking at a youtube video, and saw that it had the same button at the top of the screen (in the share area). I was not at home at the time, but wanted to try it when I got home.

Now that I am home, I try it, and the button is gone! And I don't know how to find it.

Anyone know what I saw?

My apologies if this is vague.

Thanks in advance.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
It's the little icon of a square (screen) with a signal going into it from the left. I was looking at a picture in the gallery and touched on it and it popped up on my 55 inch sony led in the living room with the whole family watching TV. THANK god it wasn't of a wardrobe challenged model or anything!! :)

OP
K

Killtrip

Reaction score
Yes, thats the one! Its not on my screen anymore.. :( Dunno where it went

PatG

Reaction score
Did the same thing last night while watching a movie with my wife. I have a 5 year old JVC and I was amazed some of the pictures showed up on the TV