Change background on email list etc?

y6y6y6

Reaction score
On things like the email list or call logs the back ground changes to a gray color. This works fine inside, but outside in the sun it doesn't have enough contrast and gets washed out and unreadable. If the screen was black text on a white background, rather than black text on a gray background, I think I could read it much easier. Anyone know a way to change that?

I know how to change the background on the home screens, but I can't find a way to change the other screens like the email list.

Are2!

Reaction score
Email header list and message background colors

My original Moto Droid has email/gmail header list files as white on black with a color coded vertical bar on the left depending on what account the email is from. I got a new Droid after my other fried and now my email header/subject list is black on white with no more color coding.

I did not do anything... except swap out phones, maybe it is related to what version of the Kernel is running or some other underlying issue/newer updated Droid? I preferred white on black for my headers and black on white for the text. Now it's ALL black on white and cannot find a way to change it.

Newbie here too... maybe someone will chime in.

---

Wforrest2

Reaction score
Change background

My VWireless Moto Droid has email app that is white text on black. The Gmail app is black text on white background. I use this if I am outside.

I would also like to know how to customize backgrounds