CES 2016 Morphus x300 Tablet

Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is to be an honorable mention for a tablet that is unlikely to get much attention, but caught my eye while on the showroom floor.

20150930162009_375.jpg

As you may know, I do really enjoy gaming on tablets. And in years past, I have had the pleasure of seeing really cool implementations of controllers for tablet games. This one reminded me quite a bit of the Wikipad, with sliding, detachable controllers. Granted, the technology has come a long way since 2012, but this still looked rather sleek, and with my hands on the unit, felt fairly good. Sadly, it was at the end of the day, and the battery was low, so I only took a short time with it.

It does have an 8mp 180 degree camera located above the right gamepad. A design that I have loved ever since I first saw it on a 10 inch tablet from India back in 2010. A 1.7 8 core ARM processor and 8 core GPU.

The screen is an 8 inch 1280x800 Glasses-free 3D display. The whole 3D thing is not something that interested me very much, after all, I am one of those people who is kind of waiting for 3D to quietly die, but just in case you are looking for a glasses-free 3D tablet, this is an option.

Perhaps the most disappointing thing about it though is that at the current moment, there is no real channel for getting your hands on one. I would certainly love to have put this through its paces. For Science.