Cell standby usage

kunak83

Reaction score
In the battery details screen under cell standby, is anyone displaying "time without signal"? Is this normal?

OP
K

kunak83

Reaction score
But the phone always have service. yesterday the time with no signal was 75%. today it is 5%?
Does anyone's service bars change non stop from 2-4-3-0-3...ect? (in 3G)

burgler

Reaction score
I have been having the same experience. My bars go from full to zero, to full, without me moving the phone. I've posted this on this forum and a couple others, but haven't gotten any answers yet, as to whether that is normal or not.
and my phone all week had "time without signal" over 85%, but today it's been at 25% and 18%. If I find anything out, I'll be sure to post.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
stupid question but did you guys update the PRL's? *228 option 2?

burgler

Reaction score
Yes, i did do the *228 #2 a couple days ago. I didn't notice any change at first. But now I'm wondering if maybe that was what did the trick, and why my time w/o signal is now down under 20%.

actually, i literally just checked and my bars are still going from 4 to 0...

OP
K

kunak83

Reaction score
I even went into verizon to change the phone but they ran a few call tests and it passed so they said they cant change it.
I have also been told that the phone went right to voicmail several times during they day. That bothers me

Last edited:

burgler

Reaction score
kunak,
that is just a verizon store that is trying to strong arm you. You have 30 days from purchasing a new phone to exchange it with verizon.
Make sure you go to an official Verizon store, and not an "authorized retailer", and you should get a different response. Or maybe try calling verizon support directly.

OP
K

kunak83

Reaction score
kunak,
that is just a verizon store that is trying to strong arm you. You have 30 days from purchasing a new phone to exchange it with verizon.
Make sure you go to an official Verizon store, and not an "authorized retailer", and you should get a different response. Or maybe try calling verizon support directly.
I have already changed my first droid for not holding a charge. I wonder if there is a certain # of times in that 30 days you can change a phone.

burgler

Reaction score
ahhh...well that I'm not sure of. But I have read on multiple forums that people have had to return their droids more than once. But maybe those people's phones failed Verizon's crack test that your phone passed.

OP
K

kunak83

Reaction score
ahhh...well that I'm not sure of. But I have read on multiple forums that people have had to return their droids more than once. But maybe those people's phones failed Verizon's crack test that your phone passed.
lol....well believe it or not, the phone was been working well all day so hopefully it was a minor service issue.