Cell Phone Protection...

Kittysback

Reaction score
I recently got a Wells Fargo credit card. I was reading some of the offers with this credit card and it say if I set up an auto payment to use my Wells Fargo credit card to pay my cell phone bill every month, my phone is protected up to $200.00. It says it's covered against damage or theft, and there is no cost to have this protection... just have to set up an auto payment. Currently, I don't have any extra insurance on my TBolt... just the year warranty. I read the small print... there is a $50 deductible and it will pay up to $200 per occurrence, and it will pay up to 2 claims per 12 month period. I'm thinking of doing this. It would benefit by having some coverage on my phone, and also, I earn rewards on that card where money comes off our mortgage balance. Anyone else ever have any offer like this thru a credit card?

Chukee

Reaction score
They are gonna cover you up to 200 dollars on another smartphone that is going to cost 500 dollars or more so u gonna be out of pocket 300 plus dollars if u lose or break it to non repair. Right? But if you chose to get the insurance that Verizon offers you will be out off 100 out of pocket. Even though I would be paying a small fee I would choose Verizon insurance because of the amount of money I would need to pay out of pocket. I did see u say that you don't have insurance on it now. If they won't let you add it then having some protection is better than none. So I would go for it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
K

Kittysback

Reaction score
They are gonna cover you up to 200 dollars on another smartphone that is going to cost 500 dollars or more so u gonna be out of pocket 300 plus dollars if u lose or break it to non repair. Right? But if you chose to get the insurance that Verizon offers you will be out off 100 out of pocket. Even though I would be paying a small fee I would choose Verizon insurance because of the amount of money I would need to pay out of pocket. I did see u say that you don't have insurance on it now. If they won't let you add it then having some protection is better than none. So I would go for it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Its free for this protection so thats what I was thinking... Its better than nothing. Thanks.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

Issemann

Reaction score

geoff5093

Reaction score
The only issue I had with my BoA card is they require lots of information, such as the exact purchase date and I believe a copy of the receipt, which I obviously don't have anymore.

Bikergal

Reaction score
I too, just received my Wells Fargo MasterCard which has cell phone protection as a benefit. If you read the fine print under "Note": it states that you do NOT have to set up automatic payments to qualify for the protection benefit, you just have to make your monthly payments using the card. As I have to submit my payment receipt to get reimbursed for work, I need to get regular paper bills, so not having to do auto pay is best for me. The note does say we get up to $600 of protection, subject to a $25 deductible. I'm going to try & submit a claim, as my screen cracked. I have insurance from AT&T, but when I dropped my phone last year, I had to pay the $199 deductible before getting it replaced. Almost not worth having that insurance now.......

OP
K

Kittysback

Reaction score
I havent used it but I would be interested in hearing if it was easy, if they gave you a hard time, etc.
Thanks

I too, just received my Wells Fargo MasterCard which has cell phone protection as a benefit. If you read the fine print under "Note": it states that you do NOT have to set up automatic payments to qualify for the protection benefit, you just have to make your monthly payments using the card. As I have to submit my payment receipt to get reimbursed for work, I need to get regular paper bills, so not having to do auto pay is best for me. The note does say we get up to $600 of protection, subject to a $25 deductible. I'm going to try & submit a claim, as my screen cracked. I have insurance from AT&T, but when I dropped my phone last year, I had to pay the $199 deductible before getting it replaced. Almost not worth having that insurance now.......

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Droid Forums