CC tv/movie? Subs or captioning

DefAntNJ

Reaction score
I can't seem to find anything on this. Can't use hulu or netflix on here. Supposedly netflix has some cc'ed movies. Hulu is the only site I know that has a good amount of cc. I need captioning and youtube doesn't provide any at all.

Does anyone know a site or app that might provide this? I know if you transfer from pc using vln player the set files work with avi files.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
DefAntNJ

DefAntNJ

Reaction score
Any chances of an app for this or any thoughts?

Semi-bump. Sorry.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
its not possible. Subtitles or CC are typed out by a person, an app would most likely mess up a lot. also the screen on the phone is probably not big enough to read subtitles.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Subtitles or CC are typed out by a person....

Only on Live TV....Movies can have CC embedded in them that you can turn on or off. But have not see a movie player for the Doid that has that option.

OP
DefAntNJ

DefAntNJ

Reaction score
Actually on this phone it is possible to have srt or sub files using.. sec. Will edit with name of app. But files are on sd card. An App could access srt or sub files theoretically but I don't make apps very well. Basic appinventor isn't good for indepth apps I think.

Its youplayer but only if its on the sd card not media folder. I think regular player plays the srt files?

Backnblack- there is supposed to be a bill about tv shows on internet requires cc available. Just wish for droid app like hulu but its not available. Not even a lite version for testing.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Subtitles or CC are typed out by a person....

Only on Live TV....Movies can have CC embedded in them that you can turn on or off. But have not see a movie player for the Doid that has that option.
CC is close caption which is different then subtitles, but they are always typed out by someone. in a DVD they are a file on the DVD. some videos have the file embeded within it but i dont know of droid app that could read it. for you to get any sort of text like this it must exist for the file.

OP
DefAntNJ

DefAntNJ

Reaction score
True. I think mkv videos come with embedded subs with toggle. Hopefully someone gets something going. That'd rock. Not just for the deaf and hard of hearing community but also for those who don't want the media volume to loud in the middle of the night for example.