Casemate Naked Case for Droid

wildrage

Reaction score
I recently bought this case for $29:

Case-Mate Motorola Droid Naked Case (Case-Mate CM010336), Motorola Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories

Seemed like a really cool concept at first - screen protector built into the top half of the case. In addition to protecting the screen, I also figured it would help keep the top half on and more sturdy.

As other reviewers have posted, it makes it extremely difficult to access any of the touch screen around the edges, as it is bevelled. For example, typiing 'P' is ridiculously hard, as is using the back button.

If the case was $10 off of Ebay, I would have just dealt with it, but when you buy a $30 case from Casemate, you expect it to work well. I just returned it today.

Every other casemate case that I've owned has been top-notch, but STAY AWAY FROM THIS CASE!

DJ Jesus

Reaction score
I own the Case-Mate and have no problems with the case. The only problem I ever have is that sometimes I get some air bubbles, but it's easy to get rid off. I'm not sure why you have any problems typing. I don't have any problems typing, though I don't really use the keyboard too much now that I use swype, which works great with the front cover. It's very responsive. I owned the bodyglove case and that got in the way of typing, plus it was way too bulky. To say not to get the case mate because it gets in the way of typing is ridiculous, almost every cover has a fault when it comes to typing with the keyboard because of the slim edges. And to me the case doesn't get in the way. The phone was designed to function mostly naked and to me the case-mate is the best cover option. No other cover has the pattented front shield cover. Yes, its a little pricey, but most great products are. Sorry to hear you don't like it. To me it's better than the alternative invashield and other wet apply skins.