Motorola Droid Naked Case by Case Mate

cyber3d

Reaction score
Damn, that case looks good. Finally a case that doesn't blimp out the phone. Can't tell if it has a flip out screen protection however. Would be nice to know.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Looks interesting, so is there a screen protector attached to a hard cover? I'm looking at the pics on my phone and can't quite decide what exactly this case is all about. Looks a little slimmer than the seidio I just took off my phone.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm looks interesting, I hate clear cases though, especially if they scratch easily. But to each his own :)

Droidfish

Reaction score
So does anybody have this? I'm beginning to think those reviews are fake...

I'm definitely not a fan of the clear either, or cases in general, but this is cool concept if it delivers.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes the screen protector and the front bezel cover is one piece.

Interesting, the concept sounds cool but I'm a little worried about the touch screen responsive-ness. The Droid's touch-screen is already not the "best" I don't know how adding a plastic film over it will help any. Is the protector hard plastic or a film?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha perspective is everything, coming from the lg dare I always thought this touch screen was superb.

God I hated the touch screen on that piece o crap, I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Only had it for a few months too lol. And yes while the Droid's touch screen is ten times better than the dare's touch screen, my iPod touch is still the winner (unfortunately :\ ...).

Neupy

Reaction score
Looks almost exactly like the case i got from VZ cept mine is blue and no built in screen cover and yeah those reviews seem awfully inflated

ZBoater

Reaction score
Haha perspective is everything, coming from the lg dare I always thought this touch screen was superb.

Its actually one of the best touch screens ever made..

Coming from an iPhone 3GS I would agree. Not only is the resolution much higher, but I feel the accuracy and responsiveness are at least the same if not better.

If it had pinch and zoom it would be perfection, but that ain't the screen's fault... :icon_eek:

ZBoater

Reaction score
If it had pinch and zoom it would be perfection, but that ain't the screen's fault... :icon_eek:

it does have pinch to zoom

Not out of the box. I read it was coming as part of the 2.1 update? I know it's available now through hacking, but I am wanting to use my phone as virgin as possible to establish a good baseline before I start messing with it. :)

DJ Jesus

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread, but I own the case mate and the screen does work well. It takes some extra pressure for the bottom buttons at first, but after some time it gets much easier. I guess it has to conform to the phone. I've owned if for about 2 months now and the only thing I've noticed is that it bubbles up every now and then from air I'm guessing. But it's easy to get rid off, by either taking off the front cover or by pressing the sides and corners of the phone. It really is the only drawback. But I perfer it betther than a case and screen protector combination. I had the body glove, which only lasted me for 3 months. The front face kept comming off. And I've owned screen protectors for previous phones which never lasted me long. I used to go through them like toilet paper. By the way, I know for sure that one of the reviews on the website is true, because I posted it. So if you're looking for an all in one solution and are tired of the case/screen protector combination, I would suggest checking out the naked case. I personally like the fact that the phone really doesn't change much in this case, it just enhances it, while protecting it too.