Case Better then seidio

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
Is there one?

I bought a seidio case to find out it wouldnt fit my phone. I want to know if anyone has found a case that is comprible or even better.

This phone is starting to gain alot of popularity so im sure more company's will make them for the droid just like the iphone. so if anyone knows of anything or hears about it in the future please post it up :popcorn:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there one?

I bought a seidio case to find out it wouldnt fit my phone. I want to know if anyone has found a case that is comprible or even better.

This phone is starting to gain alot of popularity so im sure more company's will make them for the droid just like the iphone. so if anyone knows of anything or hears about it in the future please post it up :popcorn:

I'm in the same boat. I've been looking but haven't found one yet. Most of them either look like crap or are very cheaply made.

The BodyGlove case is supposed to be pretty good. It's supposedly the tightest fitting case out right now (to the point where some people apparently can't take it off w/o damaging the phone, IMHO this is probably user error but I haven't found one to try yet). The downside is they add considerable bulk to the unit. They do apparently give a nice 'feel' to the phone though.

Magdroid

Reaction score
Call Seidio's customer service. They will send you a new case that does fit. They will also send you a lable, so you can send your old case back (with free shipping). As long as you send the old case back, they will not bill you.

OP
D

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
Call Seidio's customer service. They will send you a new case that does fit. They will also send you a lable, so you can send your old case back (with free shipping). As long as you send the old case back, they will not bill you.

I did that. actually tried 4 seidio cases on my phone none of which fit.

RSS

Reaction score
cases

I have both the seidio and the Body Glove cases. Both fit perfectly. The Body Glove is more difficult to put on and remove, and is much thicker and heavier. With the Body Glove case I was unable to place the phone in any type of holster. I have the seidio case/holster combo and it works very well. Perhaps seidio has some consistency problems!

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
I bought the cheapo off ebay and found out it blocks the proximity sensor. Makes phone calls a nightmare! I now use the body glove on the front, and the other on the back. Not all that pretty, but effective.

mke236

Reaction score
I almost bought a seido but didn't want to wait so I checked out my local Verizon store. And bought one there. Its a bodyglove but not the one with a clip on the back. It has a little bit of texture but it fits like a glove. Does not obstruct anything on phone,does not fall off,is not bulky. Best part is that it's flexible

Rudy

Reaction score

I think that this is even more proof that there are production differences in the Droids. The fact that over 80% of people's cases fit fine the first time, and you had 4 that didn't fit. Almost a statistical impossibility, unless you're exaggerating.

I don't think there are any cases as small as the seidio. The Body Glove is MASSIVE, and hideous.

I would send yours back to seidio for a full refund (they do this) and wait for them to figure out the situation. Or there might be some new ones coming out that I don't know about. My Seidio fits perfectly and I kind of stopped paying attention to the market.

OP
D

dodgemaniac

Reaction score

I think that this is even more proof that there are production differences in the Droids. The fact that over 80% of people's cases fit fine the first time, and you had 4 that didn't fit. Almost a statistical impossibility, unless you're exaggerating.

I don't think there are any cases as small as the seidio. The Body Glove is MASSIVE, and hideous.

I would send yours back to seidio for a full refund (they do this) and wait for them to figure out the situation. Or there might be some new ones coming out that I don't know about. My Seidio fits perfectly and I kind of stopped paying attention to the market.

not an exaggeration i actually bought 2 cases and both didn't fit so i got a replacement of both so 4 brand new cases that dont fit. And i am returning the one and selling the other to a friend

I really hope they change their design as i would like to have a case o my droid.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Still partial to the VZW case/holster combo. Fits perfect and looks like it is part of the phone and doesn't interfere with the sliding keyboard.

Bug

Reaction score
I got a Body Glove and Yes it's big and bulky but I do feel it protects the phone.

My phone with the Body Glove on fit's into a Nit Ize case easily.

Omega-Tron

Reaction score
Still partial to the VZW case/holster combo. Fits perfect and looks like it is part of the phone and doesn't interfere with the sliding keyboard.

Agreed, I have the same case and really like it for the $23 or so I paid. It's a very nice case that attaches to the phone great. The first case I bought was a cheapo for $5 and I didn't like the placement of the tabs that clip the case halves to the phone...over time they were just going to scratch the heck out of the back of the screen and the keyboard.

I wouldn't mind trying the Seidio case/holster combo but since I already have the VZW version it wouldn't be worth it unless I also bought their docks or extended battery...which I have no use for either right now. The corrugated grooves on the VZW case are kind of nice for slip resistance too...though I have no idea how the Seidio fairs in that category.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I'm going to try one of the cheapies on eBay. They look pretty much the same as the Seidio, so why not try it for as cheap as they are.

-Mike

BzB

Reaction score
i have a few issues with the seidio case.
-overpriced?
-some qc issues with fitment, which they blame on the droid's "large variance in dimensions" which i find to be complete bs.

that said, imo, their case is still the best on the market if you can find one that fits and you're willing to pay the cost. here's why.
-the verizon case and the various other cases on the market don't fit as well and don't have the slim form factor.
-other cases don't have the nice cutouts/contours for various fucntions, like the power button, volume, camera, mic on the bottom, ambient mic on the back.
-the finish isn't as nice
-there's a complete line of other seidio products that work with the case.

i'm very interested in what incipio has to offer when they finally come out with their case for the droid. although they also had some qc and fitment issues with the cases they produced for the storm...

Dream

Reaction score
Incipio is making a case, they dont have an ETA though :(