Cardiotrainer pedometer problems

xious

Reaction score
I usually use Cardiotrainer outside with the GPS and it works pretty well. But right now, I'm out of town and am running on a treadmill. The app is supposed to count ur steps, which it does while the screen is on. However, as soon as I lock the phone (to save battery of course), the app stops counting. It even says to use the power button to lock the screen. Is this an issue with my phone or with Cardiotrainer?

X

Sleeve

Reaction score
You normally have the screen off when you're outside with the GPS, right? And that works? Then it sounds like the accelerometer shuts off when the screen shuts off. Email the dev about it, they may need an Android change to allow the acc to stay on while the screen is off or maybe they didn't test this.

I know I'd want the accelerometer off while my Droid is in my pocket unless I'm running an app that I specifically want to run that needs the acc.

WorkSmart Labs

Reaction score
Hi xious and Sleeve,

This is actually a bug that came up recently, and users have been reporting issues after the release of Android 2.0.1 for the Droid, and with other phones as well (it happens on the Tattoo, also). We're working on solving the issue, but you should check out the post on our user forum about the issue for a little more information here.

I'm really sorry for the trouble, but hopefully we will be able to have it fixed soon. We will be sure to make an announcement when it is all sorted out.

All the best.
Charlie, WorkSmart Labs Inc.