Car home / navigation

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I flashed gummyjar 2.5 and since my navigation is not working. I took the phone back completely to stock (sbf) and reinstalled gummyjar. I'm still getting "checking navigation availability" when I fire up car home or navigation. I have done battery pulls, rebooted with anreboot, wiped cache, dalvik cache, uninstalled Google maps then reinstalled, switched into airplane mode ans back out, changed by GPS widget, manually turned off and on GPS... nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
CD95YJ

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Even vz navigator says "no GPS"... is it possible to get this fixed.

OP
CD95YJ

CD95YJ

Reaction score
That's the finny thing, GPS works to find my location on the stock browser and even in the maps, but the actual driving navigation that comes with Google maps and that opens up with car home doesn't work and neither does vz navigator. Vz navigator tells me to enable my GPS (which is currently on and running) and will not work...

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Any other reports of this before I flash? Thanks.

akdoyle

Reaction score
I flashed gummyjar 2.5 and since my navigation is not working. I took the phone back completely to stock (sbf) and reinstalled gummyjar. I'm still getting "checking navigation availability" when I fire up car home or navigation. I have done battery pulls, rebooted with anreboot, wiped cache, dalvik cache, uninstalled Google maps then reinstalled, switched into airplane mode ans back out, changed by GPS widget, manually turned off and on GPS... nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas?

works fine for me.......

ender4212

Reaction score
I haven't flashed to 2.5 yet(about to here shortly) but I had this issue with gummy 1.9.1. I had to open maps manually to get navigation to work. In 2.1 it's working fine though. I'll report back what I find after going to 2.5.

OP
CD95YJ

CD95YJ

Reaction score
In the main ROM thread this was addressed by someone. If it doesn't work go into the maps and under options there is a cache option. Clear cache from the maps, reboot the phone and wholla it works.

jayba420

Reaction score
I had the same issue. When I loaded the rom after SBF there was no navigation. There was car dock and when i launched it there was a button for navigation but when pressed it said... "activity not found" I just went to the market and downloaded google maps and then everything came back... i accessed the navigation through the google maps and it came up, found gps, and worked like a champ. when i closed it, i looked in the app drawer and maps and navigation were now there, car dock works now too.

XDRDX

Reaction score
Open google maps and search for something inside of google maps itself. Then trek it to navigate to that location from inside of google maps and it should work. Once you have done this once then the other navigation link should work now also.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

K

kbatrph

In the main ROM thread this was addressed by someone. If it doesn't work go into the maps and under options there is a cache option. Clear cache from the maps, reboot the phone and wholla it works.

thanks CD...works like a charm now :icon_ banana: