Car Home icon missing

ftndroid

Reaction score
First thanks to Peter for the Bugless v.6. After successfully installing the Car Home 2.2.1 from Marketplace, I can't find the icon or short cut any where. The Car Home app shows in Titanium Backup for backup option and in ROM toolkit for Remove option. It also shows Installed in Market. Can someone help me how to have the icon showed?

Thanks

OP
F

ftndroid

Reaction score
I uninstalled it from Manage Application, reboot, and reinstalled. But I couldn't find the icon. I even remove it from ROM Toolkit, reboot, and reinstalled again, but no luck

harrellj

Reaction score
One of the recent OS updates hid the app icon in the app drawer. To get it to launch, if you have easy access to the car dock you can use that, or see if you can find the spot on the back of the phone that a magnet needs to be against to launch the app.

OP
F

ftndroid

Reaction score
One of the recent OS updates hid the app icon in the app drawer. To get it to launch, if you have easy access to the car dock you can use that, or see if you can find the spot on the back of the phone that a magnet needs to be against to launch the app.

Harrellj,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I dont have car dock :( I just bought the Droid from craigslist. I saw the Car Home before updating to BB V0.6. It was available w/ BB V0.5

harrellj

Reaction score
Then, do you have any magnets around the house (refrigerator magnets would work or even a magnetic case)? If so, just place the magnet on the back of the phone. One spot will launch the home dock app (for use with the multimedia dock/as an alarm clock) and another spot will launch the app you want.

Also, why are you looking so hard for the Car Home app if you don't have a car dock? Thats all it is, a specialized app to be used while driving. Its features are accessible without the app (long press the search button and "navigate to address" works beautifully).