Car GPS out of the heat?

mikaselm

Reaction score
hello all! lm running into a bit of a problem when using my phone to navigate around town. I have a universal dash mount, which works great as my fiance and I have VERY differently sized phones (Note 2 and Galaxy Victory). Anyway, when using the dashmount, especially with GPSI,notice that my Note gets very hot. The temperature warning has never come on the screen, but the phone becomes uncomfortably hot to touch. when I use gps but leave the phone on the seat,no heat problems at all. I suppose the dash mount just gets too much sun. Leaving the phone on the seat makes for dangerous driving always looking down to check on it. Does anyone use a solution where the phone is situated somewhere that the phone is clearly visable, but out of the sun? I had considered one of the air went clips, but l in worried about breaking the vent, which is a hefty fee at the end of the lease.
Any suggestions welcome! Thanks All!

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I use GPS everyday. I had the same heat issues with window mounts on a different phone. I use a cup holder mount from Braketron that I found at RadioShak. (I am sure they are online somewhere) In my truck, the cup holder is higher, in my wifes car it is lower, which I thought would be a problem, but no issues for me.

Sal R.

Reaction score
I use GPS everyday. I had the same heat issues with window mounts on a different phone. I use a cup holder mount from Braketron that I found at RadioShak. (I am sure they are online somewhere) In my truck, the cup holder is higher, in my wifes car it is lower, which I thought would be a problem, but no issues for me.

This.

I've had the "too hot to handle" issue since my D1 days when mounted on the windshield. As such, I mounted mine lower away from the sun using a cupholder bracket or lower on the dash.

No problems ever since.

chrisnuo

Reaction score
GPS consumes a lot of power as it need to retrieve data from satellite and do calculation, but do not worry, it will not be too heat as it is designed for that. If you are worried, you can monitor the temperature.