Car Dock

TMH478

Reaction score
Hey guys! Now here is a question...... Is there an app in the Marketplace that actually activates the Bluetooth in the phone when placed into the Car Dock? I would love to leave the Bluetooth off all day and when I get into the car and snap the phone into the dock, it would turn the Bluetooth on automatically, therefor, connecting to the Bluetooth handsfree automatically!!

metalmenance

Reaction score
Got my car mount yesterday and slapped in the camaro right under the mirror, was out today and put the droid in it, connected to my stereo with headset plug, turned on some tunes then fired up navigation..... works so sweet! quiets music when a turn is coming up, sounds great through car speakers too. then right back to music. call came in it paused music sound went to call screen, i heard caller great and they heard me just fine, she couldnt even tell her voice was through my car speakers said it sounded great and clear to her. call was over it went right back to nav and music.
all in all very happy with the setup and the droid!!!
see on the forums with many people having issues and notice are alot from not learning the device or 3rd party apps that mess with it, I had wm phones that had same issues with bad written software messin with phone, just uninstall them and life will be good again.

droidreajoh

Reaction score
Got my car mount yesterday and slapped in the camaro right under the mirror, was out today and put the droid in it, connected to my stereo with headset plug, turned on some tunes then fired up navigation..... works so sweet! quiets music when a turn is coming up, sounds great through car speakers too. then right back to music. call came in it paused music sound went to call screen, i heard caller great and they heard me just fine, she couldnt even tell her voice was through my car speakers said it sounded great and clear to her. call was over it went right back to nav and music.
all in all very happy with the setup and the droid!!!
see on the forums with many people having issues and notice are alot from not learning the device or 3rd party apps that mess with it, I had wm phones that had same issues with bad written software messin with phone, just uninstall them and life will be good again.

Metalmenace, So you connected through the 3.5mm jack to your vehicle sound system? ....and you were able to use the speakerphone/mic and had no feedback or other issues?

Also, what app are you using to play the tunes?
thanks!

metalmenance

Reaction score
Yeah my car stereo has a 3.5mm input plug, so just use a double male 3.5wire and hook the two together, just like an ipod/mp3 player etc.

No issues, used it again today for call and it works great, the caller said i sounded just fine and they didnt hear nothing more than normal, and the droid in the the dock just under rearview mirror so i was talking from about 2ft away and it worked great. having their voice coming through the car speakers was very cool and clear,

Using the stock media player app on the droid, it does a decent job till i find better stable one

droidreajoh

Reaction score
cool, thanks for the reply metalmenace. I will be using the droid (when I get it.... in that way alot!

JerichoHM

Reaction score
I've searched the forums and haven't found anything to answer this question yet. I'm getting my Droid this weekend and intend to use AUX to play Pandora/MP3s in the truck. I see people saying there is no feedback/echo with the phone in speaker mode while plugged into the AUX and I will be trying this. In the event that I don't like that particular solution is there a way to direct the music to the AUX and Calls to a BT Headset? I don't know if the phone has the built in sophistication for multiple audio output or not. I'm even willing to write the app myself if it appears the technology is there (10 years programming many languages including JAVA 2 months studying the Android Framework). I know my current nvTouch can't support multiple audio output and I am assuming all phones can't. I was hoping that Droid riding a modified Linux environment would permit it to commit similar Blue Tooth audio virtualization drivers.

While I'm typing this I would like to say I'm only just now joining the forums after lurking for a few months. These forums have been an awesome resource for making my decision to go Droid in my conversion to Smart Phone world! Thank you all for all the suggestions and answers to questions you never new I was asking ;)

iPhoneKiller

Reaction score
mine came with the charger but I don't use it since verizon gave me a free car charger when i bought the droid.