car dock

Hawk

Reaction score
Does any one know how to answer the phone when you are in car dock mode. I put my phone in my dock today and in went in to its car dock mode. Then it starts ringing showed who was calling but wouldn't let me answer. I had to pull it out of the dock to answer. seems kind of foolish.

While we are on the subject can you recieve calls while in Nav mode.

Thanks,

DHood

Reaction score
Does any one know how to answer the phone when you are in car dock mode. I put my phone in my dock today and in went in to its car dock mode. Then it starts ringing showed who was calling but wouldn't let me answer. I had to pull it out of the dock to answer. seems kind of foolish.

While we are on the subject can you recieve calls while in Nav mode.

Thanks,

I don't have a car dock but the second part is why I'm responding.

A few days after I got my phone I started using my phone instead of my ipod for music while in the car, I didn't know where I was going so I had nav set up. The way that worked was so seamless I was very impressed, I was even more impressed when I got a call.

So, of course I was driving had my music, and whenever the nav had to speak the music cut as it should and the nav voice would come through. Well when you're playing music if you get a call the music stops and the call comes through. So when I got a call, the music stopped, and I answered, and I was kind of worried about not knowing when to turn and all the sudden my friend got cut off and the nav came through and then it went back to him and I hear him say "Woah, you high-tech asses".

So yes, they all work very smoothly.

EDIT: I guess for this story to make sense I guess I should include that I use this mp3 adapter I have for the car where whatever I plug the headphone part into, all audio comes through the car speakers (sidenote: I have 2 10" subs with a 1000 watt amp so sometimes my callers have a lot of bass in their voice lol)

OP
H

Hawk

Reaction score
Thanks for your input I appreciate it.

Riley

Reaction score
Mines worked fine for calls when using music, and I see and get all notifications just fine while in dock mode. I haven't used the Navigation stuff much yet. I also have been using an app called ScreenOn that allows you to select apps you would like the screen to stay lit up on and not time out. I use it for dock mode, music player, Pandora etc.

One thing I have been noticing with my car dock is it will suddenly go from landscape mode to regular and back on it's own. It happens in a matter of seconds and always goes back to landscape mode. I have also had Pandora's app just stop working and go back to my home screen, but that's probably the app. I am not sure why it's happening, but sometimes my dash(where I have it mounted) vibrates at certain RPM's etc. It shakes the dock and phone pretty good at times. Maybe that's doing it. I also have seen it happen when I hit potholes or bumps. Anyone else see this happen?

joshua117

Reaction score
I get all notifications when docked, but as for answering it I have always removed it from the dock when doing so. Maybe I'll have to try it today and see if I can answer the phone without undocking. I'll let you know.

OP
H

Hawk

Reaction score
Let me know what you come up with. I couldn't figure it out.

I am going to have to look up that app. One thing I noticed was as long as it is plugged into the charger and in the dock using nav it stays on.
Steven

Danthok

Reaction score
Whenever I put my phone in my dock, I always turn on bluetooth. I then put on my headset and just drive like normal. When I get a call my phone shows who is calling just like it normally does when not docked. Then my bluetooth rings in my ear and i press the answer button.

I have also answered it via speaker phone in the dock, that works pretty well provided you do not have too much road noise.

drewshaver

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I have answered a call while docked, I think it is just a big button to answer instead of the slide.. might be wrong though, it was a while ago.

crspang

Reaction score
I keep mine docked and use an FM transmitter and I can answer calls. My only complaint is that the phone screen does rotate to landscape so I have to slide up instead of across.

nickb34

Reaction score
I did this today, it gave me the same answer screen as it would when it isn't docked.