Car Dock V2

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
+1 to that. But in the meantime, Lou, when/where will you be posting your icons?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Big Lou

Big Lou

Reaction score
I'm out of town visiting friends. When I get back I'll post what I have and take requests for others.

brochaos

Reaction score
seriously...dude i will take your setup exactly as is. i've always wanted to use this, but too lazy to set it up to look nice.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
use folder organizer. you can create a shortcut to any app and give it a custom icon. then add that to your car dock home screen.
Also, I think it might take 2x2 widgets. I know car dock v2 takes 2x1 widgets.

here's another cool thing. I added the camera app to car dock v2, drilled a whole in my car dock and create a nifty dash cam.
YouTube - August 25, 2010 3:45 PM
YouTube - August 25, 2010 3:55 PM

Pretty cool, i thought of doing this myself as well, now that i've seen it i think i may give it a whirl.

rjax

Reaction score
The Car Dock v2 dev has another pretty cool app that might be useful for the Car Dock: Media Keys - Android app on AppBrain

Since it can sometimes be hard to hit the music player control button you want while in the car, you can add these as shortcuts to the large-button car dock icon spots for widget-like music control from your Car Dock home screen.

I also put them in a (FolderOrganizer) folder on my normal home screen so that I can just open the folder to control music instead of taking up 4x1 widget space on my normal home screen -- plus it's actually an upgrade from the stock music widget since you can go to the previous track with one of the buttons, too.

OP
Big Lou

Big Lou

Reaction score
Okay all, I apologize for the delay! Here are the icons:

app_home.png

app_places.png

app_phone.png

app_navigation.png

app_maps.png

app_handcent_sms.png

app_wireless_tether.png

app_grooveshark.png

app_pandora.png

app_soundhound.png

These are all that I currently have, though I plan on making more soon--which I'll of coarse add here.

In order to use them, you must upload them to sdcard/ig88carhome. If you do not have this folder, you must make one. If you would like these to work with other apps, you must rename them accordingly. For instance, I use Handcent instead of the stock messenger. If you want to use my icon for the stock messenger, you must rename it to app_messaging.png. Also, if you plan on using my SoundHound icon, you must rename it to app_soundhound_∞.png (my ftp client would not let me upload it with ∞ in the name).

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
Beautiful, thanks!

Would like to see something for 'contacts' and 'music' those are the only 2 that I use that you don't have.

Last edited:

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
Analog clock widget also looks really good in the view from car dock v2

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Can I put in some requests?
Voice Search
Voice Dial
ACast (or generic podcast icon)
Last.fm

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dberthia

Reaction score
Those are fantastic. I second the Voice Search request, and would like to see Gmail as well.