Car Dock Text Messaging

phatkat66

Reaction score
I have the car dock mount and when i plug in the charger it activates "car mode" or w.e. that screen is for the 3 pages, 4 apps on each page meant for use while driving.

My problem is everytime i get a text, it automatically pulls up this annoying feature that asks if you want to "listen to the message" by saying LISTEN. While im viewing gps/navigation it'll come out of it to go back tot he car mode main screen ask this question wait about 15 - 20 seconds before realizing you dont want to then go back to the navigation. It's very annoying, does anyone know how to turn that off? Thanks.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Nope, no way to turn it off (yet) on the default car dock. Hopefully the next update will add more options around that.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
Ugh! It's so annoying >_< kinda makes me not wanna use the car dock until they fix it.

Does anyone know if i freeze the stock message app with TiBu will it stop the automatic read?

Seantonio

Reaction score
def. is annoying, as is the "Accept" that you have to push every time you use the car dock. I guess it makes sense though to remind you that you are in fact driving and not to get carried away w/the awesomeness of the phone...

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
def. is annoying, as is the "Accept" that you have to push every time you use the car dock. I guess it makes sense though to remind you that you are in fact driving and not to get carried away w/the awesomeness of the phone...

I think I only got that once. I certainly don't get it anymore. Is there a check box that you're missing, maybe saying something along the lines of "stop telling me this!"?

jthorpe

Reaction score
There IS a way to take care of this issue. Go here and check out the instructions...

http://www.droid-forum.com/bionic-car-dock-app-text-speech-issues-t3378.html

You need to root your phone, install Titanium backup and freeze the stock car dock app and then install google car home. Google car home has been hard to find but using the link above and the instructions, I was able to get mine working perfectly. That stock car dock app sucks, and they should absolutely give you the option of turning off that annoying "feature" of having your text messages read back to you. Good luck with it.

PS - Keep in mind that you will NOT be able to manually launch google car home unless you also install the car home launcher app. That's TWO apps you must install for all of that functionality. I also did that and it works great, in or out of the car dock.

jthorpe

Reaction score
Still working great. I still hate that moto did what they did to the car dock app

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I got fed up with the moto car dock mode and uninstalled it with titanium backup. I tried the Google car mode app for a bit but it was crap too. The phone is sufficient for car use as-is! Google music widget sure makes things easier though, and widget locker makes the lock screen look good while my phone is parked in the dock

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You can also just say cancel. Or download Text answering machine and set it to turn on when you're in the car.

Last edited: