Car dock isue with the Maxx

davep471

Reaction score
Hi. Just got the car dock installed and having an issue. If I am already using navigation and plug it into the dock, the navigation screen turns black and I have to reboot the phone. Also, if I am using navigation while it is plugged into the dock and go and remove it, the same black screen appears. Everything else seems to work except this navigation issue. If I have the phone plugged in and am using navigation I can't remove the phone to answer a call without the navigation locking up and requiring a re-boot. Is anyone else having this issue and/or is there a work around? Basically I have to exit navigation then plug/unplug the phone from the dock and then turn back on navigation and re-enter the address as it does not save. Very cumbersome, please help?

clintro

Reaction score
I noticed this issue as well. I am going to hold out for ICS and see if that fixes it. I really don't have it to much as I have bluetooth in my car so I never really pull the phone while navigating.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Sometimes this happens on my Nexus too. I set up a universal car dock with an NFC sticker on it set to launch Navigation mode when I put the phone in the dock. If I already have navigation mode, put it in the dock, and then sticker tries to launch navigation mode again, the app turns black. I don't have to reboot the phone, I just back out of the app though.

I'm not sure if this was at all helpful (probably not).. I just wanted to let you know that it happens to me on my ICS phone too.

RicKaysen

Reaction score
When I first saw this happening, I thought the only way out was a reboot, but I found that going into settings/applications/manage applications and forcing Maps to stop works too. It takes a bit less time, but still annoying.

mgrande

Reaction score
So is this happening with everyone?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RicKaysen

Reaction score
It's really not an issue if you remember to exit navigation before removing the phone from the car dock. Problem is, I often forget and get the black screen. Then, I have to force Maps to stop.

mgrande

Reaction score
It's really not an issue if you remember to exit navigation before removing the phone from the car dock. Problem is, I often forget and get the black screen. Then, I have to force Maps to stop.

Yeah, seems like something I would have a problem with. Maybe ics will fix it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem too. I prefer to use copilot live and will exit out of the dock program so I can run it. However, if I undock when copilot is running and then redock and the dock app opens, copilot will freeze. I just open "tasks" and kill it, then close the dock app and relaunch copilot. A bit frustrating.

David