Car dock friendly case

pudah

Reaction score
Are there any decent full body protection (sans screen) cases out there that will work with the car dock or a slightly modified dock. Perhaps with an alternate snap in mount?

wseyller

Reaction score
I got it for like 31 and some change after my company discount. It is much better than D1 car dock. I have a USB cable connected from my CD player to the dock for charging. It is easy to get in and out. It is very sturdy as well. the dock has a button on the side that actuates the power button on the phone. Makes it very easy to locate and press the power button. The fact that I don't have to take my cover off is real nice. I don't have an extended battery but it appears they designed it to be compatible.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
pudah

pudah

Reaction score
Yeah the dock looks nice. I got one and the generic silicone (but sturdy not filmsy) cover from VZW because they fit together. Hopefully it offers enough drop protection. Did your dock come with a stereo/power cable? Mine is just power and I cant figure out how to get it to work with the one bottom.

JRobzilla

Reaction score
I got the Incipio case, which is not all that thick. The phone fits into the car dock just fine with the case on but does not engage the USB tongue. That's disappointing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
Yeah the dock looks nice. I got one and the generic silicone (but sturdy not filmsy) cover from VZW because they fit together. Hopefully it offers enough drop protection. Did your dock come with a stereo/power cable? Mine is just power and I cant figure out how to get it to work with the one bottom.

There was an audio cable with it that I never opened it up let. I already have one as my car cd player has aux output in the front.

wareagle1113

Reaction score
I got the Incipio case, which is not all that thick. The phone fits into the car dock just fine with the case on but does not engage the USB tongue. That's disappointing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dang I was hoping this one would work